Fiio E10k and Logitech z623, is it a good match?
Apr 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Newbiee

New Head-Fier
As the title said, i am wondering if it's a good thing to pair those two. I'm afraid that the Z623 won't have benefit from the E10k which doesn't support surround sound. 
But i need the E10k for the low impedance M50x headphone, any solution?

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Could improve the sound for your speakers over built in computer audio. Difficult for anyone to know for sure since computers vary wildly in audio quality. Could be the same.

Apr 27, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 8
About the surround sound capabilities, is it worth to buy z623 without any support for the surround sound (using soundcard)? Or should i just use cheaper speaker? 

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 8
If it were me, I'd save up for better speakers. But my priorities are not simulated virtual surround over speakers. I don't personally care for what it does over 2 speakers. I'd rather hear them without the virtual processing.

Apr 27, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 8
  About the surround sound capabilities, is it worth to buy z623 without any support for the surround sound (using sound card)? Or should i just use cheaper speaker? 

To a computer, the Logitech Z623 is a 2.0 setup (with extra bass), so there would not be any real sound sound anyway.
Even plugging the Z623 directly into a sound card will at best give you a very faked surround sound, and losing some audio quality trying to fake surround sound.
Where as the E10k should offer some improvement in audio quality, over the motherboard's on-board audio.

If your willing to spend $170.79 for speakers, check out the Monoprice 5" studio monitors ($171 + tax + shipping).
Audio Quality should be a fair bit better then the Z623.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11504&cs_id=1150401&p_id=605500&seq=1&format=2

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 8
If it were me, I'd save up for better speakers. But my priorities are not simulated virtual surround over speakers. I don't personally care for what it does over 2 speakers. I'd rather hear them without the virtual processing.

I see, so z623 is not such a great speaker after all. Well, i need a relatively small satellite speaker (still 2.1 system) for my desk. Any suggestion with considering the E10k?

To a computer, the Logitech Z623 is a 2.0 setup (with extra bass), so there would not be any real sound sound anyway.
Even plugging the Z623 directly into a sound card will at best give you a very faked surround sound, and losing some audio quality trying to fake surround sound.
Where as the E10k should offer some improvement in audio quality, over the motherboard's on-board audio.

If your willing to spend $170.79 for speakers, check out the Monoprice 5" studio monitors ($171 + tax + shipping).
Audio Quality should be a fair bit better then the Z623.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11504&cs_id=1150401&p_id=605500&seq=1&format=2

I live in Indonesia where it uses 220 volt and looks like there's no Monoprice speaker being in sale in my country, also i need small satellite speaker because my desk are quite full now. Thanks for your reply

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 8
I see, so z623 is not such a great speaker after all. Well, i need a relatively small satellite speaker (still 2.1 system) for my desk. Any suggestion with considering the E10k?

No $150 speaker set is a "great speaker." If you want really good sound, save your money for awhile and buy something better. But small size like that will be a compromise.

But I have no idea what's available in Indonesia.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 8
No $150 speaker set is a "great speaker." If you want really good sound, save your money for awhile and buy something better. But small size like that will be a compromise.

But I have no idea what's available in Indonesia.

So it's fine to just take the logitech? Or are there more obvious reasons not to?
The audioengine a2+ seems way too expensive in here (if you include the dedicated subwoofer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back