FIIO E10 back to stock on amazon1!!!!
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

weipim

100+ Head-Fier
Nov 19, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 12
NVM answered my own question.

Either way this is a killer deal and I jumped on it. I just got some HD598s and have been hemming and hawing over an amp and dac choice.

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 12
I'm in the same boat. Just got hd598's for $173 off amzn last week. This is a tempting price. It could be cheaper but it's already lower  than mp4nation today.

I bit. At most, I would save a few bucks if there's a black friday deal this week and there's no reason to believe this model will be discounted given how popular it is right now.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 12
I took delivery of my FIIO E10 today and am amazed by the sound quality at the price.  In the past i had a NuForce HDP and this thing actually sounds close.   Using the stock cable provided with the FIIO E10 gives reasonable sound quality.   However the moment i plugged in my wireworld USB2 cable the performance jumped by a fair bit.  All of a sudden the timbre and sharpness of my classical tracks sound amazing.  In summary FIIO have a great product here and if you can afford it replace the stock Mini B USB with an aftermarket cable and you'll be blown away by how good this little unit is.  For reference i am using RHA-SA850 (British Manufacturer Reid Heath Accoustics) its a great sounding over the ear that performs stunningly with my FIIO E10.

Nov 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. Just got hd598's for $173 off amzn last week. This is a tempting price. It could be cheaper but it's already lower  than mp4nation today.

I bit. At most, I would save a few bucks if there's a black friday deal this week and there's no reason to believe this model will be discounted given how popular it is right now.

What.. the 598s have been like $230 for the past couple weeks on amazon.. sigh, still waiting for it to go back down to $170.

Nov 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 12
mp4nation has the e10 for 69.50. i think they are a trusted seller but rather buy something from amazon.... idk.still time for me to think about it
frown.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
I took delivery of my FIIO E10 today and am amazed by the sound quality at the price.  In the past i had a NuForce HDP and this thing actually sounds close.   Using the stock cable provided with the FIIO E10 gives reasonable sound quality.   However the moment i plugged in my wireworld USB2 cable the performance jumped by a fair bit.  All of a sudden the timbre and sharpness of my classical tracks sound amazing.  In summary FIIO have a great product here and if you can afford it replace the stock Mini B USB with an aftermarket cable and you'll be blown away by how good this little unit is.  For reference i am using RHA-SA850 (British Manufacturer Reid Heath Accoustics) its a great sounding over the ear that performs stunningly with my FIIO E10.

I'm quite curious if you have done blind tests to verify that this is not just the placebo effect. I find the stock cable with the fiio e10 to be adequate. On the other hand, before the hd598, I was happy with my previous headphones.

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #11 of 12
Regarding USB cable choice with my cans I can hear a big difference from the stock.  If your source files are hd flac then e10
can deliver some amazing sound with an aftermarket USB cable.  Contrary to many views on the subject I've noticed
an improvement on all the dacs I've had including e10.   If you check the USB audio spec on Wikipedia the transfer
Stream for audio is clock based while computer data has crc and packet handling.  Any timing issues referred to jitter
between the source clock and dac clock can affect the analogue output wave from the wave.  I find stock cables lack detail,
and warmth.  Music can sound more metallic and harsh.  So for the audio USB spec there has to be correction in the timing
for lost data.  I think for audio optical cables are the best for hd audio and for USB buy the best cable you can afford.  I am liking
the wire world ultraviolet which is their 'entry' level cable for audio streams.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
What.. the 598s have been like $230 for the past couple weeks on amazon.. sigh, still waiting for it to go back down to $170.

$173.33 right now:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Headphones-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=pd_sim_e_5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back