FiiO E07K or E11
Mar 30, 2014 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TheHarizAzahar

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I need your suggestions on choosing between those 2 amps. I know that the E7 is also a DAC but I already have the GoVibe Mini uDAC. Should i ditch the GoVibes and buy the E7 and replace it as a DAC or should i just keep to the Govibes and pick up the E11. I'll be pairing them up with my ATH-M50 and V-Moda M-100. Thanks

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 12
  Hey guys, I need your suggestions on choosing between those 2 amps. I know that the E7 is also a DAC but I already have the GoVibe Mini uDAC. Should i ditch the GoVibes and buy the E7 and replace it as a DAC or should i just keep to the Govibes and pick up the E11. I'll be pairing them up with my ATH-M50 and V-Moda M-100. Thanks

I would say to get the FiiO E07K, easier to carry around one dac/amp then a separate DAC & Amp.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #6 of 12

Since the E07K has enough power to sufficiently drive your headphones, I would go with the E07K so that you don't need a separate DAC over the E11.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 12
  I'll be using it through my Android phone and also my Lenovo laptop. I heard about the E07K not working well with smartphones because smartphones can't provide enough power? Is that true? :/

The FiiO E70K will work fine with just about any headphone, the E07k will be using it's own built in battery while be used with the smartphone.
You just run a cable with a 3.5mm plug to 3.5mm plug, one end will plug into the the smartphones headphone output jack, the other end will be plugged into the E07K's line-input jack.
With the laptop you can connect the E07k to the laptop's USB port.

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 12
  I'll be using it through my Android phone and also my Lenovo laptop. I haerd about the E07K not working well with smartphones because smaprtphones can't provide enough power? Is that true? :/

I was just thinking that as you can't use the E07K's DAC feature with your android phone and the GoVibe MiniDAC is easy to carry with a laptop.
Maybe you should just get the FiiO E11?

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #10 of 12
Yeah true. I guess i should just get the E11. Plus the Govibe DAC is very portable and small. In terms of sound though. Which would go better for bassy genres like trance or EDM. That's a main factor as well

Mar 31, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 12
  Yeah true. I guess i should just get the E11. Plus the Govibe DAC is very portable and small. In terms of sound though. Which would go better for bassy genres like trance or EDM. That's a main factor as well

Really have no idea which would offer more bass sound.
I do know the E11 has a bass boost switch, not sure if the E07K has one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back