[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Oct 1, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #1,921 of 2,095
Now that the wake up any button is off. Tapping to change volume u can't see the volume level! Need to tap power button to wake screen to see the volume level. Please do something abt this. Otherwise it's really a useless big screen. The btr5's petite screen can show vol changed n can puase music without waking the screen. How is this display and UI better than btr5? Really it's a the screen is a downgrade compared to btr5. Big...but do nothing.
Remove wake up function, complain that screen is not waking up. :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,922 of 2,095
Remove wake up function, complain that screen is not waking up. :thinking:
What u meant is a the wake up at any button on, tapping the play/pause button will wake up the screen but won't pause, ubhavr to tap it again after screen wakes up to pause. Same thing when tapping to play again. U have to tap twice and can't be a double tap, have to tap n see that screen is awake then tap again.

Turning off the wake scree. At any button means ONLY tapping the power button will wake the screen. So tapping the play or volume button immediately activates the button function without waking the screen. But now if u change volume, the screen won't come on and u can't see what volume u are at. Btr5 is better in this aspect when volume is change the entire screen shows a big number showing what volume u are at. And tapping the play pause button still works at first tap.

Between the 2, using it daily on the go, neevr had issue to pause music change volume. But w btr7 is either tap once to pause and can see volume when changing volume (u can see the volume if u tap the power button to wake the screen then change volume) OR can see the change of volumer w wake up at any button but now to pause music u need to tap to wake screen first. The. Tap again to pause.

Not a deal breaker and definitely can get live w it, but the screen could be better utilised to provide user feedback on what's happening when buttons are pressed. ( I know I can turn on wake up as any button for this, then now to pause music have to tap once to wake screen..wait for screen to wake up then tap again to pause

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #1,923 of 2,095
That's what I was suggesting, instead of relying on default which is Adaptive bitrate, either go into Developers settings and lock it at 909/990 or use that BT Codec changer app. It might help. Also hope none of you are using that horrible Dolby Atmos, check if it's enabled in settings.
Any of you on EQ, btw, I have mine disabled as well?

That's what I was suggesting, instead of relying on default which is Adaptive bitrate, either go into Developers settings and lock it at 909/990 or use that BT Codec changer app. It might help. Also hope none of you are using that horrible Dolby Atmos, check if it's enabled in settings.
Any of you on EQ, btw, I have mine disabled as well?
turned off the dolbu atmos..so far no more slippage.

Oct 1, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #1,924 of 2,095
Now that the wake up any button is off. Tapping to change volume u can't see the volume level! Need to tap power button to wake screen to see the volume level. Please do something abt this. Otherwise it's really a useless big screen. The btr5's petite screen can show vol changed n can puase music without waking the screen. How is this display and UI better than btr5? Really it's a the screen is a downgrade compared to btr5. Big...but do nothing.
Clearly you are unhappy with your BTR7. Others are quite happy with their BTR7 (count me as one).

Anyway, hopefully you will get the changes you want. If not, maybe sell the BTR7 and buy the BTR5 or Qudelix 5K.

Good luck to you!

Oct 2, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #1,925 of 2,095
Clearly you are unhappy with your BTR7. Others are quite happy with their BTR7 (count me as one).

Anyway, hopefully you will get the changes you want. If not, maybe sell the BTR7 and buy the BTR5 or Qudelix 5K.

Good luck to you!
i am happy with it, sounds great and it use it all the time. just that i think it could have been better with the screen. thats why there are updates. to make the unit better.

Oct 3, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,926 of 2,095
Tried to listen to my BTR7 via usb cable yesterday and the sound was bad breaking up I did not have the patience or the time to investigate so I switched to Bluetooth and all worked fine and dandy.
Today when I had a bit more time I had a look only to find out it was the cable supplied(yes I had the direction correct) with the BTR7 I swapped it for another high quality usb cable and it work perfectly.
Very disappointed as I only had the thing a few months and used the usb c cable 10 time at most.
If the BTR7 did not sound so good it would have been on eBay today.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #1,927 of 2,095
Tried to listen to my BTR7 via usb cable yesterday and the sound was bad breaking up I did not have the patience or the time to investigate so I switched to Bluetooth and all worked fine and dandy.
Today when I had a bit more time I had a look only to find out it was the cable supplied(yes I had the direction correct) with the BTR7 I swapped it for another high quality usb cable and it work perfectly.
Very disappointed as I only had the thing a few months and used the usb c cable 10 time at most.
If the BTR7 did not sound do good it would have been on eBay today.
Good to provide feedback here. So that the next update would make btr7 even better. Also, the 30sec mark sound slip is still there after I turned off Dolby Atmos. Maybe the last 2 days I was on public transport quite a bit and missed the skip during transitions.

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #1,928 of 2,095
So, I have a BTR5 and it still works fine but I was hoping the BTR7 would have better battery life (plus it has the bigger balanced audio jack) so I purchased it a few months back. Unfortunately, battery life seems about the same (plus I think the meter is not very accurate) and the other day it drained even when charging and when it bottomed out, started screeching and dropping out so I went back to BTR5 while letting it charge up. (I could use the BTR5 on Bluetooth with it on a charger and although it would slow down the charge it wouldn't just bottom out like this).

All in all, I prefer the build quality of the BTR5 and the BTR5 has always been rock solid other than the wish for more battery life.

Main feature I wish the BTR5 had was the charge switch otherwise I would have to use the app to turn on or off the USB charging.

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #1,929 of 2,095
I have the btr5 n upgraded to btr7. Sound wise I can tell u there is a difference. I change to btr7 for its 4.4mm. Battery wise it's the same. Btr5 has better utilised of the screen thought it's alot smaller. N better form factor. I was too confident w btr7 being better n sold btr5 before getting. Since btr5 was way better than the ori btr that I have. Would have keep btr5 instead if I had not sold it.

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #1,930 of 2,095
So, I have a BTR5 and it still works fine but I was hoping the BTR7 would have better battery life (plus it has the bigger balanced audio jack) so I purchased it a few months back. Unfortunately, battery life seems about the same (plus I think the meter is not very accurate) and the other day it drained even when charging and when it bottomed out, started screeching and dropping out so I went back to BTR5 while letting it charge up. (I could use the BTR5 on Bluetooth with it on a charger and although it would slow down the charge it wouldn't just bottom out like this).

All in all, I prefer the build quality of the BTR5 and the BTR5 has always been rock solid other than the wish for more battery life.

Main feature I wish the BTR5 had was the charge switch otherwise I would have to use the app to turn on or off the USB charging.
I have found that it will cycle the battery when I’ve got it plugged into my laptop at work, once it hits 80% it stops charging (I expect this is because I’ve got the battery protector switched on) then runs on battery down to…some low percentage, maybe 20%? before the lightning symbol reappears on the display and it charges up again. The only time it properly ran out of juice and did the screeching you described was when I forgot to flip the charging switch on the side. Flipped the switch and it started charging again, and it let me keep using it to play audio too…

EDIT: does that happen on every USB port you’ve tried, or just the one?

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #1,931 of 2,095
A cordial greeting,

Can Fiio people or anyone tell me if the Fiio BTR7's 10-band equalizer can be used connected via UAC 2.0 to a PC? .... or can it only be used with the UAC 1.0 protocol and Bluetooth?

The idea is to use the Tidal APP for PC, connected to the Fiio BTR7 and equalize to its full potential ....

Sorry if this has already been asked...

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #1,932 of 2,095
A cordial greeting,

Can Fiio people or anyone tell me if the Fiio BTR7's 10-band equalizer can be used connected via UAC 2.0 to a PC? .... or can it only be used with the UAC 1.0 protocol and Bluetooth?

The idea is to use the Tidal APP for PC, connected to the Fiio BTR7 and equalize to its full potential ....

Sorry if this has already been asked...

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Dear friend,

EQ is not supported in UAC 2.0 mode. In UAC 1.0 mode or Bluetooth mode, EQ is supported.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 1, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #1,935 of 2,095
I have found that it will cycle the battery when I’ve got it plugged into my laptop at work, once it hits 80% it stops charging (I expect this is because I’ve got the battery protector switched on) then runs on battery down to…some low percentage, maybe 20%? before the lightning symbol reappears on the display and it charges up again. The only time it properly ran out of juice and did the screeching you described was when I forgot to flip the charging switch on the side. Flipped the switch and it started charging again, and it let me keep using it to play audio too…

EDIT: does that happen on every USB port you’ve tried, or just the one?
Dunno, I haven't used it much since then. It was on a HTC 65W wall charger with high power delivery at the time as I was listening via Bluetooth. After it bottomed out, I turned it off to charge and it claimed it was full after only 10 minutes and stopped charging. I had to reboot it and then it started charging again at a more realistic percentage (1 or 2 bars on the meter). Once it was fully charged, it seemed fine again. Maybe a fluke? I plan on keeping an eye on it and see how it holds up. Like I mentioned, the BTR5 never had this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back