[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Mar 10, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,594 of 2,075
Is the battery life any better when BTR7 is used in the "dongle" (usb c to phone & wired headphones) mode with a smartphone?

Mar 10, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,595 of 2,075
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,597 of 2,075
@FiiO is it possible to add a "Battery Low" whisper, like the UTWS5 has, when the battery is low on the BTR7?
@FiiO ?
I've already asked the same question on Nov 9, 2022...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,598 of 2,075
@FiiO ?
I've already asked the same question on Nov 9, 2022...
While it would be a nice touch, I doubt it would be easy to implement. The UTWS family is build around voice messages and app control while the BTR7 is designed with display. In that case they have to implement the voice message in the os on top of the graphical user interface.

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,599 of 2,075
While it would be a nice touch, I doubt it would be easy to implement. The UTWS family is build around voice messages and app control while the BTR7 is designed with display. In that case they have to implement the voice message in the os on top of the graphical user interface.
It's not just "a nice touch", it is a useful feature. Today I was listening to music, while doing other things, and it stopped playing, leaving me wondering what's going on.

Anyways, thank you for providing your explanation. FiiO Reps, those who could offer the real explanation, are completely ignoring us in almost all threads.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,600 of 2,075
It's not just "a nice touch", it is a useful feature. Today I was listening to music, while doing other things, and it stopped playing, leaving me wondering what's going on.

Anyways, thank you for providing your explanation. FiiO Reps, those who could offer the real explanation, are completely ignoring us in almost all threads.
How about beeps instead?

One beep at 20% battery left (which is the ideal place to stop using the device and recharge it (to 80%), if you want to maximize battery life).

Two beeps at 10%, three beeps at 5%.

The beep(s) can briefly interrupt the music playing so they aren’t drowned out.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #1,601 of 2,075
How about beeps instead?

One beep at 20% battery left (which is the ideal place to stop using the device and recharge it, if you want to maximize battery life).

Just a thought.

Of course! Great thought! I wish @FiiO will listen to you! 👍

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #1,602 of 2,075
How about beeps instead?

One beep at 20% battery left (which is the ideal place to stop using the device and recharge it, if you want to maximize battery life).

Just a thought.
Please don't, beeps were the most annoying thing I've had with one of my BT dongles, at least make it optional.

Mar 11, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #1,604 of 2,075
The Beeps bring the same problem. They will need to implement the same audio engine in their firmware.
If they haven't thought about that in their design phase there is a good chance that their processing power will be insufficient for that task without creating to much heat at a place where it ruins the audio quality.
I could write a complete essay why this eventually will lead to a lowered audio quality caused by a heat problem, but hope you just take my word for it.

Also please take the timezone in account. Sometimes the representative get overwhelmed by requests as their weekend starts odd for europeans and americans, just look up the time difference and post more tactical in the week, that will up your chance for an answer.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #1,605 of 2,075
Also please take the timezone in account. Sometimes the representative get overwhelmed by requests as their weekend starts odd for europeans and americans, just look up the time difference and post more tactical in the week, that will up your chance for an answer.
Excuse me, are you kidding me? Are you attending the FiiO threads, here? I do, because I own all the FiiO products you can see in my signature. IF you are visiting the respective FiiO threads, have you not observed one or more of the below?

- It takes weeks to address some of the customer's or user's queries, sometimes they ignore them.

- Whenever anyone is asking for a request / additional feature, the copy & paste response is: Dead friend (LMAO), we will speak to our engineer about it. But it never gets implemented! And rarely an explanation is given about why it is not implemented. If you are my "dear friend", dear FiiO rep, you'd at least explain. Incompetency can have an explanation, too!

- Have you visited the UTWS5 thread lately? Have you seen how many people are having issues with the EQ or with multipoint connection? After a firmware update that took months to come, and the majority of us had to install manually because it was not available through their own App?

Please, forgive my tone, it is not that I am attacking you, and I apologise for the off-topic. But I had to state a few facts. Like the abandonware FiiO BTA30 Pro, there's another fact.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back