[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Feb 10, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #1,516 of 2,075
Which is largely why I dont use an EQ of any sort, I'm not 15 anymore :relaxed:

most professional sound engineers are 15?

like I said, purists. Amusing people.

Feb 10, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #1,517 of 2,075

You missed the point in my original post. Sound engineers do it out of necessity to get neutral reference target when working on the mix, not to pleasure themselves, it has nothing to do with the casual audiophile listener.
Blind chase for a perfect Harman target curve is not equal music enjoyment, add to this brutal way digital EQ is done, dropping bits of information and adding distortion and you get much worse than original soundtrack result. Plus human hearing on its own is a fluid dynamic EQ system that adjust to the sound as it goes (infamous brain burn in), and you can see that external EQ does not add much to enjoyable listening experience, rather the opposite.
It's a personal choice of course, but stating that it's a necessity and the only way to properly "enjoy" our equipment is 15 year old silly, sorry.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #1,518 of 2,075

Perhaps I wasnt very clear in my post? When I started having an interest in audio at around 15 years old I used EQ boost everything by plus 12db on each band of a graphic equaliser, I wasnt talking about engineers, I was taliking about my own lack of listening maturity at the time. If you think I'm a purist and find that amusing thats fine whatever floats your boat.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,519 of 2,075
Perhaps I wasnt very clear in my post? When I started having an interest in audio at around 15 years old I used EQ boost everything by plus 12db on each band of a graphic equaliser, I wasnt talking about engineers, I was taliking about my own lack of listening maturity at the time. If you think I'm a purist and find that amusing thats fine whatever floats your boat.
Actually I EQ more now that I have planars then I did when I was younger. As I said not all headphones need it and can or can't EQ a lot or a little. I'm saying to completely discount it is silly

I'm great you're comparing your 15-year-olds self to my 47-year-old self that appreciates a far more refined sound these days. I mean your youth is completely irrelevant to other people's experiences today.

The LCD-X 2021 really are really interesting headphones to EQ. I've never encountered anything like it. Those are $1,200 headphones that really show the possibilities with EQ on some cans.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #1,520 of 2,075
I think someone earlier in this thread was complaining about the volume controls with Android but I can't find the post to quote.

You can separate the volume control in developer options by disabling absolute volume.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,521 of 2,075
Actually I EQ more now that I have planars then I did when I was younger. As I said not all headphones need it and can or can't EQ a lot or a little. I'm saying to completely discount it is silly

I'm great you're comparing your 15-year-olds self to my 47-year-old sel
f that appreciates a far more refined sound these days. I mean your youth is completely irrelevant to other people's experiences today.

The LCD-X 2021 really are really interesting headphones to EQ. I've never encountered anything like it. Those are $1,200 headphones that really show the possibilities with EQ on some cans.
I have no issue with you or anyone else using an EQ did you read my earlier post? Did 47 year old you learn to read? I was comparing 15 year old self to 54 year old self. At what point did I discount you or anyone else using an EQ? A word of advise "a closed mouth gathers no feet" 🙂

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #1,522 of 2,075
Fair points. I guess two lines of thought.
If one wants to enjoy the gear, wants to understand the soul of the gear, wants to connect with the gear, don't use EQ as it will kill the soul, the inherent signature of the gear.
If one wants to enjoy the sound, wants to connect/enjoy the music/genre to the fullest, use EQ.

However that would imply building a catalog of gears first and then pick and choose the best fit for the moment. I guess it could be finesse vs Economy and convenience.

For now I belong to later class of convenience. May be someday I understand the former/first(?) class? Till then .. enjoy the journey :)

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #1,523 of 2,075
I have no issue with you or anyone else using an EQ did you read my earlier post? Did 47 year old you learn to read? I was comparing 15 year old self to 54 year old self. At what point did I discount you or anyone else using an EQ? A word of advise "a closed mouth gathers no feet" 🙂
Your comment about being 15 was clearly an insult. Deal with it.

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #1,524 of 2,075
Your comment about being 15 was clearly an insult. Deal with it.
Seriously? go troll another thread the only insult was to myself..it was not intended as an insult to you or anyone else!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2023 at 2:40 AM Post #1,525 of 2,075
I am having a problem with my BTR7.

Sometimes it charges with the USB-C connection. Other times, when I plug in the USB-C cable to charge it, a little graphic of a battery with a negative sign in the middle pops up, and the message "charge off" appears, and a countdown timer starts counting down from 5.4.3.2.1 and then goes off.

Why would it show this message and not charge?
Dear friend,

Please check whether you may turn off the charge switch in the right side of the BTR7?
If not, you could try to reset the BTR7 by clicking the power and volume down button at the same time to see whether the issue remains.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 11, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,526 of 2,075
Listening to my LCD's in bed with the BTR7 before going to sleep is amazing. Love this little amp and streaming with AptX HD

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #1,528 of 2,075
Ah the Holy Church of Equalisation… for a moment I thought I was on Reddit.

They are different ways of enjoying music, each one simply chooses the one they like best, and that is the best for each person.

I imagine we all would agree that the value or detriment of EQ is simply in the ear of the beholder.

It is just a wrong point of view.

However if you just refuse to use it at all, you are quite literally missing out on a lot of potential of various listening devices. That is just the truth.

Stating that something is just a wrong point of view or is just the truth makes a rational debate pointless.

Feb 12, 2023 at 9:03 AM Post #1,529 of 2,075
Ah the Holy Church of Equalisation… for a moment I thought I was on Reddit.

Stating that something is just a wrong point of view or is just the truth makes a rational debate pointless.
If you read the thread I was saying the wrong point of view is the one that dismisses EQ as the wrong way completely. So they were making a rational debate useless. Just read the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back