[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Feb 6, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #1,486 of 2,075
Hello

This feature is a reference to the phone's battery protection settings, many people say it can protect the battery sold life, so we made this feature. (Although it is not very obvious from the experimental situation)

When you turn on this function in FiiO Control APP, then the battery can only be charged up to 80% to protect the battery.
When you turn off this function, the battery can be charged up to 100%
:beerchug:
Yes, it worked exactly like you described, but after updating it just charges to 100% - who knows for how long…

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #1,487 of 2,075
Yes, it worked exactly like you described, but after updating it just charges to 100% - who knows for how long…
Does the setting to only charge to 80% only work if you leave the BTR7 on? I know with some devices the charging limit is software-based and does not work if the device is powered off.

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #1,489 of 2,075
Mine is arriving tomorrow and I read a bunch of this thread and saw requests for multiple EQ settings. Did that happen with a firmware update? I'm trying to finish reading this thread but it's really long

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #1,490 of 2,075
Mine is arriving tomorrow and I read a bunch of this thread and saw requests for multiple EQ settings. Did that happen with a firmware update? I'm trying to finish reading this thread but it's really long
Dear friend,

Now the BTR7 supports 3 customed EQ.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 8, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #1,491 of 2,075
Esa sería una buena opción, pero se ha convertido en un estándar defecato para tales dispositivos (que funcionan con baterías) para interactuar con una fuente de alimentación de esta manera. Piense en la línea de una computadora portátil que también se usa como computadora de escritorio.

El BTR7 tiene dispositivos de seguridad contra sobrecarga incorporados.
El Qudelix -5K sí ofrece la posibilidad de ser alimentado directamente desde USB a través de la app, sería genial que el Fiio BTR7 también ofreciera esa posibilidad.

Feb 8, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #1,492 of 2,075
Hi
From the historical after-sales data of our products with batteries, there are very few bad batteries, so this feature is not done.

I have submitted your requirements to the product department and asked them to try to consider this issue subsequently.

Thank you for your support!
Thank you for sending my proposal, I think it would be very welcome by many users.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #1,494 of 2,075
It would be great to be able to rename the 3 customed EQs

Agreed. I have three made already for three specific headphones and it would be cool to name them.

Man this thing is neat. Just got it today and have been listening to my LCD-2CB and my LCD-X with them around the house. So much fun to listen to these cans on my couch or bed and then just being able to walk around to grab something like a snack, or quick check something on the puter, etc...The SQ is great to me. Running AptX HD.

I got some headroom with these and my two Audeze, which is fantastic, but my Neumann's take it to the max. Is there any product like this that has more juice, even if it's less portable? For future reference in case I want to try another. The LCD's are so nice and easy to drive that it's a great pairing.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #1,495 of 2,075
Agreed. I have three made already for three specific headphones and it would be cool to name them.

Man this thing is neat. Just got it today and have been listening to my LCD-2CB and my LCD-X with them around the house. So much fun to listen to these cans on my couch or bed and then just being able to walk around to grab something like a snack, or quick check something on the puter, etc...The SQ is great to me. Running AptX HD.

I got some headroom with these and my two Audeze, which is fantastic, but my Neumann's take it to the max. Is there any product like this that has more juice, even if it's less portable? For future reference in case I want to try another. The LCD's are so nice and easy to drive that it's a great pairing.
FiiO make a product called the Q7 which is like a BTR7 but on steriods :relaxed:
1670949322_1739746.jpg

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #1,496 of 2,075

There's an option in FiiO Control that gives extra gain on top of high gain. Did you turn that on and see if that supplies enough juice?

BTR7 supplies a ton of power givne how small of a device it is and how small the battery size is.

Feb 9, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,497 of 2,075
There's an option in FiiO Control that gives extra gain on top of high gain. Did you turn that on and see if that supplies enough juice?

BTR7 supplies a ton of power givne how small of a device it is and how small the battery size is.

I did not see that, I'll check when I get home. Thanks. I am very impressed with this little device. Just thinking for down the road potentially. It's mostly to use at home, so I'll always be near a charger for the most part too.

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #1,498 of 2,075
If you need battery less USB dongle, L&P W2 is a very nice alternative, sounds quite better too, with more details and tighter better controlled bass. Not as powerful though, but enough to drive most IEMs.
Thanks for your recommendation, I'll keep it in mind. However, after having several devices that are (theoretically) superior to the Fiio BTR7, my conclusion is that the differences are almost negligible, and that they are only minimally noticeable in some songs and paying close attention. At a certain level of DAC quality, I think that an equalization makes a much more significant difference than the DAC

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,499 of 2,075
Thanks for your recommendation, I'll keep it in mind. However, after having several devices that are (theoretically) superior to the Fiio BTR7, my conclusion is that the differences are almost negligible, and that they are only minimally noticeable in some songs and paying close attention. At a certain level of DAC quality, I think that an equalization makes a much more significant difference than the DAC
I personally despise EQ as it's just a way of ruining bit-perfect signal, headphones unique signature, and add distortion. It really should be reserved only for studio engineers when they need to work on the mix using certain neutral reference target. But to each his own, people like tinkering.

The only reason I use BTR7 is because of cable less BT convenience, when comparing two out of USB L&P W2 always comes to the top as significantly more refined and detailed.
Plus your were looking for battery less operation USB dongle, BTR7 is just the wrong choice for such requirements.

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #1,500 of 2,075
I personally despise EQ as it's just a way of ruining bit-perfect signal, headphones unique signature, and add distortion. It really should be reserved only for studio engineers when they need to work on the mix using certain neutral reference target. But to each his own, people like tinkering.

The only reason I use BTR7 is because of cable less BT convenience, when comparing two out of USB L&P W2 always comes to the top as significantly more refined and detailed.
Plus your were looking for battery less operation USB dongle, BTR7 is just the wrong choice for such requirements.

with my LCD-X, EQ is freaking amazing, really brings the cans to life. I use equalizer APO with the PEACE interface. It's amazing how it can change the sound for the better depending upon what you are listening too. My T90's also EQ very very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back