[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Aug 28, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #588 of 2,086
Don't know about the ES100MK2 but BTR5 sounded hazy compared to G8x. Detail, stage... etc. was about equal but that haze/grainy quality up top was a turn off for me.
BT or USB, if USB was it with bit perfect UAPP or Android resampling driver.
But I haven't heard G8x, only owned G7.

Aug 28, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #589 of 2,086
BT or USB, if USB was it with bit perfect UAPP or Android resampling driver.
But I haven't heard G8x, only owned G7.
Not a fan of G7's sound, it leans towards a thin and cold sound signature. G8x is more neutral and a bit fuller sounding in comparison.

I compared BTR5 wired against G8x but using Tidal App, I wasn't a fan of UAPP back then and mostly used Black Player EX. UAPP is my go to player since they updated their interface, definitely sounds better than stock music player.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #591 of 2,086
Probably, I remember seeing a post somewhere detailing DAC chip used and who tuned the different LG Phones, one thing to keep in mind is that with warm sounding gear {Meze 99C, A&K Diana, Honeydew), there were times I liked the pairing with G7 but G8x sounded better with everything else. The differences isn't huge though.

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #592 of 2,086
Hi,

I had a question about the BTR7 i don't think this has been asked and was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this?

Would it be possible to connect USB C headphones so using the USB C as an audio out?

I tried this with some Audeze Mobius headphone with a USB C connection and I couldn't get it to work. The Audeze Mobius also has a 3.5 connection so isn't an issue with these but potentially there are some headphone I might purchase in the future that only has USB C and no 3.5 connection.

I've seen some cables that are USB C to 3.5 but seem to work USB C to 3.5 and I want 3.5 to USB C that might be a work around if you can't have the BTR7 straight to a USB headphone connection.

Thanks all

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #593 of 2,086
Hi,

I had a question about the BTR7 i don't think this has been asked and was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this?

Would it be possible to connect USB C headphones so using the USB C as an audio out?

I tried this with some Audeze Mobius headphone with a USB C connection and I couldn't get it to work. The Audeze Mobius also has a 3.5 connection so isn't an issue with these but potentially there are some headphone I might purchase in the future that only has USB C and no 3.5 connection.

I've seen some cables that are USB C to 3.5 but seem to work USB C to 3.5 and I want 3.5 to USB C that might be a work around if you can't have the BTR7 straight to a USB headphone connection.

Thanks all
If I recall correctly, all of the BT dongles I have support only audio input on the USBC port. I don’t own the BTR7, but I doubt it will be any different.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #594 of 2,086
I firmly believe that the BTR7's best case use scenario is not paired with a phone because of it's size, just too big to be practical to carry with you all the time. I look at the BTR7 as a travel alternative for a desktop dac/amp that stays in the hotel paired with a laptop.

Aug 29, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #595 of 2,086
I firmly believe that the BTR7's best case use scenario is not paired with a phone because of it's size, just too big to be practical to carry with you all the time. I look at the BTR7 as a travel alternative for a desktop dac/amp that stays in the hotel paired with a laptop.
No doubt that is the case for you. Do you have a BTR7? I think it would be useful to hear from BTR7 owners. Do they see this solely as a desktop replacement?

I own the BTR5 and based on the side by side photos with the BTR7 I have seen, I would have no issue using the BTR7 on the go - BTR7 still seems quite pocket friendly. But that is just me, and just based on photos. Obviously you feel differently.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #597 of 2,086
to me, the BTR7 is very pocket friendly. Used it throughout the weekend while doing yard work, replace it with the BTR5 when the battery needs charging ( a lot of yard work this weekend). BTR3 is the backup to the backup but rarely, if ever, need to use it
Consider getting a BTR1 as backup to the backup to the backup and you'll never have to stop playing music 😆

One a serious note, how's the range on BTR7? does it get disconnected when your body gets inbetween the phone and BTR7?

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #598 of 2,086
Consider getting a BTR1 as backup to the backup to the backup and you'll never have to stop playing music 😆

One a serious note, how's the range on BTR7? does it get disconnected when your body gets inbetween the phone and BTR7?
I have 5 other devices for backups

The range is much better than the BTR5. I have a flip phone so i usually do keep the phone in one pocket and the BTR7 in the other. The BTR5 i have to sometimes keep in the same pocket otherwise there are dropouts occassionally

Aug 29, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #599 of 2,086
Hi,

Thanks all
Audeze Mobius is headphone with DAC and BT receiver. Why do you need BTR7 when you can connect it directly to the phone either via Bluetooth or USB?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #600 of 2,086

Users who are viewing this thread

Back