[FiiO BTR7] Portable Bluetooth Amplifier, Color IPS display,High-performance DAC ES9219C*2,THX AAA-28*2 amps,3.5+4.4mm outputs,One-click “dongle” mode
Aug 30, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #616 of 2,069
THX Portable Bluetooth DAC/Amp BTR7 Design Story

Chapter 4 Wireless Charging
The addition of wireless charging takes into account that the BTR7 is mostly used with mobile phones. Nowadays, more and more mobile phones use wireless charging technology, which greatly improves the charging experience. Most users apply wireless charging for almost everything, such as wireless charging bases, table lamps, mouse pads and power bands, so that they can charge their electronic devices anywhere and anytime.
Moreover, some mobile phones also have the reverse wireless charging function, which can temporarily replenish power for products such as Bluetooth headphones. In short, wireless charging is a big trend in the future.
Therefore, the introduction of wireless charging into the BTR7 is by no means a mere stockpiling or a trick, but a highly frequently used function considering the high integration with mobile phones and catering to use habits of consumers.
Speaking of which, are you looking forward to the addition of wireless charging to FiiO's players? If you have any ideas, just leave us a message. Thank you so much for your time.

QQ截图20220823110554.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 30, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #618 of 2,069
@Quattro74 did you get your unit yet? I'm interested in the comparison between G8x & BTR7. I'm going to get a new phone soon and depending on your answer I might either get a V60 or some other phone paired with BTR7 for portable use.
There are some unopened NOS G8Xs out there on the eBay.... I think some are unlocked ATT, others are the dualsim world phones... Not too expensive. I expect my BTR7 today. :) I will probably let you all know my impressions Thursday.

Aug 30, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #619 of 2,069
THX Portable Bluetooth DAC/Amp BTR7 Design Story

Chapter 4 Wireless Charging
The addition of wireless charging takes into account that the BTR7 is mostly used with mobile phones. Nowadays, more and more mobile phones use wireless charging technology, which greatly improves the charging experience. Most users apply wireless charging for almost everything, such as wireless charging bases, table lamps, mouse pads and power bands, so that they can charge their electronic devices anywhere and anytime.
Moreover, some mobile phones also have the reverse wireless charging function, which can temporarily replenish power for products such as Bluetooth headphones. In short, wireless charging is a big trend in the future.
Therefore, the introduction of wireless charging into the BTR7 is by no means a mere stockpiling or a trick, but a highly frequently used function considering the high integration with mobile phones and catering to use habits of consumers.
Speaking of which, are you looking forward to the addition of wireless charging to FiiO's players? If you have any ideas, just leave us a message. Thank you so much for your time.
Any chance to add percentage number next to charging and battery icon.
Also is there any visual indication when unit is fully charged (wirelessly or via USB) without turning it on and looking at the screen?

Aug 30, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #620 of 2,069
Ever thought of something like this?
8149NuNzN3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I do sometime carry a cross body bag in some situations but not always.

Anyway, I’ll stick with what works for me. A tiny BT dap as an EDC which has more intuitive controls than fumble thru the BTR7’s press/timed cycle controls and keep the BTR7 as a travel desktop DAC/amp instead of lugging my RME ADI-2 on month or longer trips.

Different use application apply to any individual.

Aug 30, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #621 of 2,069
Any chance to add percentage number next to charging and battery icon.
Also is there any visual indication when unit is fully charged (wirelessly or via USB) without turning it on and looking at the screen?
Dear friend,
1. May not be added.
2. No, you would need to unlock the BTR7 to view the 'fully charged' status. But we will report to the engineer for assessing.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 31, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #622 of 2,069
Well, some conclusion after receiving my unit:

- Sound: the amplification is nice, sounds like it should be. Using the WHIZZER HE03D that need some powa to work, it sounds just perfect.
- charging: the ability to get energy from the phone/pc is nice, and you got a button to on/off the feature
- update, on the go via Bluetooth, impressive.
- Mqa, total unfold via UAPP

Compared to the BTR5 or the BTR3K is in another level, I prefer the more serious design of the old ones, but this is build like a tank.

Btw, the review of the WHIZZER is coming soon, but I can told you, Im really surprised by the quality of the driver and the package for 150€

Attachments

• IMG_20220831_111540.jpg
    IMG_20220831_111540.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 31, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #623 of 2,069
Trying to go "on the go" with these headphones:

20220831_164210.jpg

Able to drive Clear Mg very easily at 75% vol.
Able to drive HeKSe pretty well at 75-80% vol.
Able to drive Arya OK'ish at 100%.

SQ wise, sounds better than RME ADI 2 + A90 combo to me.

Hope I don't end up burning it due to this kind of load on it?! 🤞

Aug 31, 2022 at 8:49 PM Post #624 of 2,069
Ok, I got mine today got it charged up. For some reason the FiiO Control app on my G8X kept crashing whenever I would try and click on the BTR7 entry... :frowning2: Yet, I was able to use my iPhone to get into the FiiO Control and update firmware. So Now I have the PEQ. I need to play with that and I'm guessing that saves the eq to the device? Then I select User under the EQ on the BTR7? I was able to listen to some AAC files I had on my iPhone, sounds promising. I'm sure it gets way better though once I move onto better codecs and then using it via USB. Still need a day or two to get it dialed in...

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #625 of 2,069
Trying to go "on the go" with these headphones:

20220831_164210.jpg

Able to drive Clear Mg very easily at 75% vol.
Able to drive HeKSe pretty well at 75-80% vol.
Able to drive Arya OK'ish at 100%.

SQ wise, sounds better than RME ADI 2 + A90 combo to me.

Hope I don't end up burning it due to this kind of load on it?! 🤞
Thanks for this. Is it Arya V2 or Arya SE? I have an Arya SE and wondering if I can drive them with BTR7 alone.

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #626 of 2,069
Thanks for this. Is it Arya V2 or Arya SE? I have an Arya SE and wondering if I can drive them with BTR7 alone.
Mine are Arya V1 and I am not able to drive these to their full potential using BTR7. At 100% volume they play at OK volume however no headroom is left for dynamics. So they will not sound as good as with more powerful amp playing at max 75% volume. So, I would rather avoid Arya with BTR7 over LDAC unless source application is able to provide more power/volume boost to BTR7.

Sep 1, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #628 of 2,069
Ok, I had a chance to listen to my lcd-i4s. I used my G8X, UAPP in bit perfect, wavelet with AutoEQ for the i4s and some custom eq, AptxHD, High gain setting, EQ set to off and Balanced Boost mode. Playing a hi res file. Sounds pretty amazing, would never have thought it was BT. I'm sure it will sound even better through the USB, yet G8X has it's own very HQ 3.5 jack. For Phones that don't have one this BTR7 would be a great option.

Sep 1, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #630 of 2,069
Cool, I will. I also need to mess with the eq a bit. I think eq changes a bit on this device compared to the G8X 3.5mm out. And I'm using new type of ear tips...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back