[FiiO BTR3K] Balanced High-Fidelity Bluetooth Amp(Questionnaire About Upgrading the BTR3K updated in 2023-6-14)
Apr 15, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #346 of 403
may I ask what number you usually use on BTR3K? how much out of 32?
I suspect I'm using more volume that most people that's why I'm getting subpar battery life ..
I use sensitive headphones, so I'm usually at 18-22 BTR3K volume at the 3.5mm output (when phone volume is at 100%).

also is there a reason you don't use 100% on phone? I've read an article which said when you use software to lower volume you effectively lose bit depth and it's better to set software at full and tweak it with hardware
It gives me an option to raise a volume on both BTR3K and the phone when needed - whichever one is more convenient at the moment.
Bit depth loss is not something that has much effect compared to Bluetooth-related quality depreciation.

Apr 16, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #347 of 403
ok.. there's maybe something wrong with my BTR3K .. I just disabled all codecs, turned off LED, set volume 15 of 32 and about 50% on the phone. it's running out of juice just as fast and lasting about 4 hrs.. I'm going to try a different IEM and use a different charger. (PC USB output. since manuals says input should be 5V 500mA). I hope it gets better.

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #348 of 403
ok.. there's maybe something wrong with my BTR3K .. I just disabled all codecs, turned off LED, set volume 15 of 32 and about 50% on the phone. it's running out of juice just as fast and lasting about 4 hrs.. I'm going to try a different IEM and use a different charger. (PC USB output. since manuals says input should be 5V 500mA). I hope it gets better.
After charging, does it show 100% in the app?
How many charge/discharge cycles has the device gone through?

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #349 of 403
It's a shame that FIIO doesn't mark the manufacturing date on the packaging anywhere.
If they are still sending to resellers some of the initial BTR3K batch from 2 years ago, that can definitely hurt the battery life.
Batteries don't like being stored for too long...

Anyway, I have started a battery test on my new BTR3K using APTX/APTX LL - playing a 10-hour youtube "rain sounds" video at volume of 20.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:13 AM Post #351 of 403
Dear friend,

Yes, please try to fully charge the BTR3K via another charger. Then test again to see whether the issue remains? If yes, you could contact your seller or support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 19, 2022 at 3:26 AM Post #353 of 403
It's a shame that FIIO doesn't mark the manufacturing date on the packaging anywhere.
If they are still sending to resellers some of the initial BTR3K batch from 2 years ago, that can definitely hurt the battery life.
Batteries don't like being stored for too long...

Anyway, I have started a battery test on my new BTR3K using APTX/APTX LL - playing a 10-hour youtube "rain sounds" video at volume of 20.
Can you send me the link? I want to try it as well for a comparison. Did you use full volume on phone and YouTube app?
After charging, does it show 100% in the app?
How many charge/discharge cycles has the device gone through?
Yeah it shows 100%. Also device gets fully charged and led turns off. It's been about 10 cycles so far.

Dear friend,

Yes, please try to fully charge the BTR3K via another charger. Then test again to see whether the issue remains? If yes, you could contact your seller or support@fiio.com about that.
Charged it with PC USB which meets required output. It's the same. About 4 hrs of playback.
Unfortunately I can't get proper support. I live in Iran. they can't (won't) do anything for me because of us sanctions.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #354 of 403
Can you send me the link? I want to try it as well for a comparison. Did you use full volume on phone and YouTube app?

Yeah it shows 100%. Also device gets fully charged and led turns off. It's been about 10 cycles so far.

Charged it with PC USB which meets required output. It's the same. About 4 hrs of playback.
Unfortunately I can't get proper support. I live in Iran. they can't (won't) do anything for me because of us sanctions.
Here it is :

Apr 20, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #356 of 403
And about balanced output. How 2.5 jack should go? TRRS -> R+,R-, L+, L-? Or like this
1650467983075.png

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #357 of 403
Here it is :

just tried it and it lasted 04:03:10 ..!
I used Apt-X. full volume on phone, 20/32 on BTR3K.
it's now proven to me that my device is faulty. it's not a big deal because I usually never listen for 4 hrs. straight!! I hope it doesn't get any worse though..
and I feel a bit sad because I paid a lot to get this .. it's like 1/2 of my monthly payment (yeah our currency values about sh** :laughing:)
but I'll try not to think about it. I even found a deal for a used BTR5 for about same price of BTR3K and I was tempted to sell mine and get that. but at the end I decided to keep BTR3K. I really like the sound and it compliments my bright IEMs .. yeah battery could be better but it is what it is...

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #358 of 403
just tried it and it lasted 04:03:10 ..!
I used Apt-X. full volume on phone, 20/32 on BTR3K.
it's now proven to me that my device is faulty. it's not a big deal because I usually never listen for 4 hrs. straight!! I hope it doesn't get any worse though..
and I feel a bit sad because I paid a lot to get this .. it's like 1/2 of my monthly payment (yeah our currency values about sh** :laughing:)
but I'll try not to think about it. I even found a deal for a used BTR5 for about same price of BTR3K and I was tempted to sell mine and get that. but at the end I decided to keep BTR3K. I really like the sound and it compliments my bright IEMs .. yeah battery could be better but it is what it is...
Wow, 4 hours is bad...
Not that 7.5 hours is that great, but in comparison to 4 - it's fantastic :jecklinsmile:
If you used a headphone less sensitive than 32Ohm/110dB, that can partially explain the decrease.

Glad you like BTR3K's sound! Wise choice not switching to BTR5, it doesn't sound the same.
Don't forget, you can also use it as a DAC/AMP with your laptop - it can charge while you enjoy music!

Apr 20, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #359 of 403
Back to btr3k + creative bt-w3 and playstation 4. I can confirm. They work with each other. Best part is the only one button in bt-w3. It works as I though. By pressing the button you can change a codec so you can choose. Aptx LL, Aptx HD and so on. And it's loud enough. Not extremely loud but enough

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #360 of 403
If you used a headphone less sensitive than 32Ohm/110dB, that can partially explain the decrease.
I'm using CCA CRA which is 34Ohm /105dB. tried an earbud that's 32/106. results were the same
Wise choice not switching to BTR5, it doesn't sound the same.
yeah the main reason was the sound. I'd heard that BTR5 sounds brighter and this isn't the right choice for my IEMs.
Don't forget, you can also use it as a DAC/AMP with your laptop - it can charge while you enjoy music!
yeah that's what I'm doing and one of the reasons that I said it's not a big deal. I can also use a type-c/type-c cable and connect it to my phone..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back