[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #3,331 of 3,678
How come the BTR5 and 2021 got 8.2/10 on headfonics but BTR15 got 8.7? Is it much better in terms of sound? Why is mine shrieky af? :sob:
I never placed much value in the reviewer's numerical scores as it often seems wildly inconsistent with no established baseline to measure against.

Based on the article though, makes sense that the btr15 would score higher than the btr5 - it has more features and improved sound quality at a lower price.

Regarding strictly sound quality, that reviewer seems to prefer the btr7 over the btr15 and then the btr15 over the btr5s. However, my guess is if someone really disliked the sound coming out of any one of these products then none of the others will likely change that perception.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #3,332 of 3,678
That's right - I'm not talking about album art, just scrolling text showing the name of the artist / song etc. I think even minidisc and walkman players did this sort of thing years ago! Would be a cool feature! @FiiO ?

Because if you want to support the display of lyrics and song titles, then you need to install the full font library. For Chinese, it will require a lot of memory. But if we only add English support, then the display will be garbled when Chinese users use it. This can cause a lot of complaints.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 11, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #3,333 of 3,678
Because if you want to support the display of lyrics and song titles, then you need to install the full font library. For Chinese, it will require a lot of memory. But if we only add English support, then the display will be garbled when Chinese users use it. This can cause a lot of complaints.
Excellent - now I understand. It could be an option for English users....

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #3,336 of 3,678
Had my btr15 a couple of weeks. So far it’s been a nice upgrade from btr3k. Using mostly with FH3, but also experimenting with chi-fi iem collection.

Just got update to 2.2 firmware, looks to be a few fixes and extra settings. Unfortunately it seems to have broken saving custom eq’s for me on iOS app (1.2.7), hopefully will get a fix soon. Would be nice if custom eq name was reflected on btr15 settings menu. Also bal boost setting is not persisting.

“2.2
  1. Added the function of changing the self-defined El name on the FIIO Control app;
  2. Added the time option for screen timeout in the menu;
  3. Added the independent volume adjustment among the PC/BT/PHONE mode;
  4. Fixed the issue where the gain level would be out o line if being switched between high and low gains;
  5. Fixed the issue where the charging icon would flas when switching the charging mode from PHONE to PC;
  6. Fixed the issue of inaccurate full charging detectio and battery level display;
  7. Optimized the UAC battery life in the PHONE mode
  8. Miscellaneous improvements in performances.”
Edit: Also in app online feedback form is hanging when I try to submit.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #3,337 of 3,678
I've had the BTR15 for two week and already updated to version 2.2 but there are still annoying bugs with it.
1- The custom EQ in the application is not saved.
2- The audio is choppy if I change the media player (example: Tidal > YouTube Music).
3- When connecting a headphone to the balanced output, high gain mode is activated, even when in low gain mode.
4- Battery synchronization with the connected device is inaccurate.

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #3,338 of 3,678
Guys I cleaned my BTR 15 with water by hand and I think it ruined the side buttons on it. When I try to skip tracks using the double click + or - buttons then sometimes it doesn’t register and the tracks don’t skip. Anyone else have this or did I truly indeed ruin my BTR 15?

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #3,339 of 3,678
Guys I cleaned my BTR 15 with water by hand

Couldn't believe what I was reading. Then I read your forum nick and now I believe :beyersmile:

It will be difficult to find anybody with your experience / problem. Just leave it to dry and hope that it will "fix itself". Don't use hot air blower :wink:

Dec 20, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #3,341 of 3,678
Just make sure, none of your Chinese friends see it. This really pisses them off :)

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #3,343 of 3,678
Got my btr15 few days ago. I like it so far. Pretty small and convenient.

Anyway, today when i use it, it has low battery and i switch to pc mode while connected to my phone and playing music via tidal. I noticed that my unit turns warm so i stop using it that way. Is that normal?

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #3,344 of 3,678
There's an annoying feature / bug in BTR15 I wish @FiiO could fix ASAP. When I turn off the device and put it for charging, it automatically powers back on. IIRC none of the earlier BTR drvices behaved this way. Can we please just have the BTR15 stay off when a charger is connected. TIA.

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #3,345 of 3,678
There's an annoying feature / bug in BTR15 I wish @FiiO could fix ASAP. When I turn off the device and put it for charging, it automatically powers back on. IIRC none of the earlier BTR drvices behaved this way. Can we please just have the BTR15 stay off when a charger is connected. TIA.
Or, more accurately… stay in the state it is already in. If it was already on, I presume you’d want it to stay on when plugged in?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back