[FiiO BTR15/BTR5 2021/BTR5]Bluetooth DAC and Headphone Amplifier Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jun 26, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #2,552 of 3,678
Three weeks ago I purchased a BTR5 and it’s been working fine until today when it became unresponsive.
It will no longer turn on. I tried to reset it by pressing the power button for 30 seconds. When I connect it to the charger it shows that it’s fully charged.
Is there anything else I could try before contacting the store?

Jun 26, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2,554 of 3,678
Hi guys I just got the Fiio BTR 5 a few days ago, and I'm getting 5.5 to 6 hours battery life using single ended port not balanced. My volume is set to 55 during this test period and I'm using LDAC codec, 990 kbps. Is this normal? I was under the impression that using the single ended port I would get 7 hours worth of battery life easily.

Jun 27, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #2,555 of 3,678
Guess the battery has to settle down a bit.
But the claimed battery life belongs to aac and volume level 30 with a 27ohm load.
So LDAC has a hugh impact on battery life and your level 55 doesn't make it any better. :)

I'll make a run today for the battery life of my Btr5 with the FiiO FD1 (32ohm), Ldac and Vlevel 30.
Usually, my listening level out of the se with said Fiio is <30.
Very curios how it ends. :wink:

Jun 27, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #2,558 of 3,678
Guess the battery has to settle down a bit.
But the claimed battery life belongs to aac and volume level 30 with a 27ohm load.
So LDAC has a hugh impact on battery life and your level 55 doesn't make it any better. :)

I'll make a run today for the battery life of my Btr5 with the FiiO FD1 (32ohm), Ldac and Vlevel 30.
Usually, my listening level out of the se with said Fiio is <30.
Very curios how it ends. :wink:
Hey Chris thanks for your response I really appreciate it. Oh I didn't know the claimed battery life of 9 hours was for aac and volume level 30 with 27 ohm load. I like to listen to my music loud, and my btr5 is under 16 ohm load as I'm using final e3000 headphones. Would be really curious to see how long your battery lasts with ldac and 30 volume 🙂

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #2,560 of 3,678
Hey Chris thanks for your response I really appreciate it. Oh I didn't know the claimed battery life of 9 hours was for aac and volume level 30 with 27 ohm load. I like to listen to my music loud, and my btr5 is under 16 ohm load as I'm using final e3000 headphones. Would be really curious to see how long your battery lasts with ldac and 30 volume 🙂
Back after proceeding.

BTR5, LDAC, H-gain, Vlevel 30, FiiO FD1 (32ohm), distance to the V30 20cm mostly ( short times more than 3m w/ wall )

After playing these albums

Amarathe - Manifest, Maximalism, The Nexus
Ancient Bards - Soulless Child, A new dawn ending, Origine
Unleash the Archers - Time stands still, Apex, Abyss

from local storage, the BTR5 has died finally. :)

Play time was 8 hours 5 min.

The first battery alert came up after 7 hours 43 min

Maybe the battery on your BTR5 has to settle down after a few charges to come close. :wink:

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,561 of 3,678
Back after proceeding.

BTR5, LDAC, H-gain, Vlevel 30, FiiO FD1 (32ohm), distance to the V30 20cm mostly ( short times more than 3m w/ wall )

After playing these albums

Amarathe - Manifest, Maximalism, The Nexus
Ancient Bards - Soulless Child, A new dawn ending, Origine
Unleash the Archers - Time stands still, Apex, Abyss

from local storage, the BTR5 has died finally. :)

Play time was 8 hours 5 min.

The first battery alert came up after 7 hours 43 min

Maybe the battery on your BTR5 has to settle down after a few charges to come close. :wink:
Wow that's incredible battery life but then again you're listening at 30 while I'm listening at 55 volume. So maybe that's why I'm getting less battery life? Anyway as I just recently got it I'll follow your advice and test it out for a couple of weeks, and update you here. Cheers again for going through the hassle and sharing your results here mate 😊

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #2,562 of 3,678
Wow that's incredible battery life but then again you're listening at 30 while I'm listening at 55 volume. So maybe that's why I'm getting less battery life? Anyway as I just recently got it I'll follow your advice and test it out for a couple of weeks, and update you here. Cheers again for going through the hassle and sharing your results here mate 😊
My pleasure.
As always while listening to music. ^^

Yeah, lower resistance, like your 16ohm, means more current, which drains the battery even faster.
The higher volume does the rest, i guess. :)

Is the Final E3k that demanding, eg. low sensitive, that this high volume level is necessary???
Can't stand that volume for more than a few sec on the FD1. :triportsad:

Please be aware of your hearing, you only get it once. :wink:

Jun 27, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,563 of 3,678
My pleasure.
As always while listening to music. ^^

Yeah, lower resistance, like your 16ohm, means more current, which drains the battery even faster.
The higher volume does the rest, i guess. :)

Is the Final E3k that demanding, eg. low sensitive, that this high volume level is necessary???
Can't stand that volume for more than a few sec on the FD1. :triportsad:

Please be aware of your hearing, you only get it once. :wink:
Hey thanks for the warning man, yes the Final E3K is that demanding, after setting the volume to 55 I still have to use 70 to 80% volume on my Oneplus 8 Pro using UAPP player. Whereas using my Moondrop SSR I can't go above 30 to 40% volume! E3K scales even further when using a dedicated desktop DAC & AMP. Even BTR5 isn't enough to bring out its full potential!

Jun 27, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2,564 of 3,678
Three weeks ago I purchased a BTR5 and it’s been working fine until today when it became unresponsive.
It will no longer turn on. I tried to reset it by pressing the power button for 30 seconds. When I connect it to the charger it shows that it’s fully charged.
Is there anything else I could try before contacting the store?
Dear friend,

Sorry about that.

Please try this FAQ to see whether the issue remains first:
https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202105211820457543051&tid=99

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back