FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jun 25, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #542 of 803
I am ok with no ear hooks if the cable has a slider. I find a slider to be preferable (going all the way back to the Shure e2c) because it is far better than ear hooks at ensuring a good seal with IEMs during active use.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2018 at 4:12 AM Post #543 of 803
You are quite right, sorry if i misunderstood my idea.
I already have the short cable for my f9, indeed its too long if the intended idea with the BTRs is to have it close cause it have a microphone.
My idea of a perfect setup would be like you write, a Short Cable (like 40-45cm) and a good BTR with microphone included.

BTW i have to buy some pairs of silicon cable guides cause the @FiiO short cable feels awkward around the ears and never stays still
Dear friend,

We will report the idea about the short cable you mentioned to the enginner and consider about that. Thanks for the kind report.

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #546 of 803
I bought a uBTR from Amazon and received it today. Paired with an iPhone 8 I can confirm it does connect via AAC.
Code:
Starting a2dp send thread, handle 1, frameLen 743, framecount 1, codec 2, bt clk

RF is fine, I can put my phone in a room 30 feet away and the music still plays. That's what I expected since even my cheap Anker bluetooth headphones can do that, but I've read complaints about the BTR1 cutting out so maybe the uBTR does better. The body is made of plastic so that might be a factor of better RF performance.

Sound quality wise it's not bad. I did a quick comparison test with the Apple dongle and the dongle definitely sounds better. There's a loss of detail when using the uBTR in comparison.

Noise floor was pretty low. I didn't hear any hissing using my old q-JAYS with Shure black olives.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #547 of 803
I bought a uBTR from Amazon and received it today. Paired with an iPhone 8 I can confirm it does connect via AAC.
Code:
Starting a2dp send thread, handle 1, frameLen 743, framecount 1, codec 2, bt clk

RF is fine, I can put my phone in a room 30 feet away and the music still plays. That's what I expected since even my cheap Anker bluetooth headphones can do that, but I've read complaints about the BTR1 cutting out so maybe the uBTR does better.

I've seen a couple complaints about that in this thread, but I walk around my apartment with the BTR1 and it never cuts out for me...

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #553 of 803
Hey guys, really happy to see these products, I was among the guys that tested the X1 first gen, and I was happy to see BT, now because of tons of storage and power on my phone I find I use a MP3 far less to not at all now, but I still like my particular wired headphones.

I need something to use with my phone and my laptop when I am on the go.

Extremely happy to see USB - C, top marks for that. And NFC I guess.

So I am very interested in these products, now the BTR3 catches my eye more then the μBTR, not necessarily because of specs but, well the BTR3 is black...

Either way I hope to see them available in my area very soon, and pick the μBTR or the BTR3.

I am sure some might have asked this but what are the main differences between these ? also saw something about a BTR5 ? If you could point me in the right direction or provide some info about this I would appreciate it.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #554 of 803
Hey guys, really happy to see these products, I was among the guys that tested the X1 first gen, and I was happy to see BT, now because of tons of storage and power on my phone I find I use a MP3 far less to not at all now, but I still like my particular wired headphones.

I need something to use with my phone and my laptop when I am on the go.

Extremely happy to see USB - C, top marks for that. And NFC I guess.

So I am very interested in these products, now the BTR3 catches my eye more then the μBTR, not necessarily because of specs but, well the BTR3 is black...

Either way I hope to see them available in my area very soon, and pick the μBTR or the BTR3.

I am sure some might have asked this but what are the main differences between these ? also saw something about a BTR5 ? If you could point me in the right direction or provide some info about this I would appreciate it.
What i like/want is more power to my earphones, keep the phone wireless and also keeping the freedom of calling due my job.
Best hopes to the BTRx family

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #555 of 803
I got the μBTR yesterday (ordered 6/6). RF performance and range seem to be very good. I was able to get a good signal anywhere in the house, when away from my phone. I don’t perceive any hiss or interference in my F9 earphones. I like the light weight; my only caveat is that the amp could use a bit more power for my purposes. At this price point, though, I think it does pretty well.

Also, though I’ve gotten used to the controls, volume up/down long presses for track skip down/up seem reversed to me, intuitively.

I’m very curious about the projected differences in amplification between the upcoming BTR3 and BTR5, and I’m not talking about the balanced aspect of the output.

Also, I’ve heard complaints about the influence of the digital volume stage on the BTR1, and hiss on sensitive IEMs- will those later units address those concerns, or are they overblown?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back