FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Mar 17, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #407 of 803
Where do you are posting the news on the BTR3 and BTR5?
i was looking for the BTR1 but never convinced as i already had a sony like device, but more power, bassbost, and obious fiio quality are my interest
Dear friend,

Thanks for the support to us. You may read some information about them from our engineers.

Best regards
By the way, the situation of two new products.

μBTR,price about 15USD, CSR8645, aptX. (June)

----

BTR3,size like BTR1, price about 69USD, CSR8675, aptXHD, LDAC.
(June)

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 17, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #410 of 803
Dear friend,

For the first choice you mentioned, because of different culture, most users would prefer the tips sound instead. Vibrator is not enabled in the BTR1.
We did receive some feedback like the second one you mentioned. However, we failed to reproduce it. So we are afraid maybe the test condition is different. BTR1 has connected to device1 and 2, and when device 1 and BTR1 is far away from the device 2, you would receive the double beep? What's the two devices you are connecting? How far away? Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

1) I can understand people wanting beeps/sounds on volume up and down but I prefer to use the music go up/down with volume changes instead like on Fugoo XL, Sony Bluetooth etc. Agree to disagree but it sucks that there is no option to disable the sound. Maybe add a function to turn disable the sounds via 4 presses of the main button.

2) The disconnected beep happens when I am connected with my Samsung s7 and my Macbook Pro. I get into my car and drive away and the beeping starts as soon as I leave the drive way and never stops until I turn of the BTR1!

Reproduction:
1) Turn on BTR1
2) Connect to BTR1 with android phone
3) Start playing music on android phone
4) Connect computer to BTR1 as voice
5) Walk far away enough from computer that the computer disconnects from BTR1
6) Beeping sound starts 30s to 60s after walking far away. And repeats forever interrupting the music with a double beep at a regular interval.
7) Walk back to computer and reconnect to BTR1 or wait for computer to reconnect automatically
8) After 30 seconds and successful connection the beeping stops

I reproduced using:
Samsung S7 - Primary device music playing
Alienware R3 13 with Intel 8265 wireless + bluetooth + Windows 10
Macbook Pro 15 2018

To me the beeping breaks the enjoyment of the unit quite a bit. I find myself looking for another product.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #412 of 803
Guys, how is the audio quality? Could you give me some comparisons so i could have an ideia?

Thanks,
I can compare it with my Fiio X5iii. Overall sound quality is good as expected from Fiio. The soundstage is slightly narrower than my X5iii and to my ears the bass sounds slightly boosted. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable musical experience especially for what you're paying for it. Great for on-the-go as it is extremely portable and lightweight, but I would opt-in for stronger offerings if you're in a quiet environment. if only the hiss and the beeping wasn't so noticeable for my sensitive IEMs, hoping for Fiio to address this in the BTR3s.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #413 of 803
I can compare it with my Fiio X5iii. Overall sound quality is good as expected from Fiio. The soundstage is slightly narrower than my X5iii and to my ears the bass sounds slightly boosted. Nonetheless, a very enjoyable musicla experience especially for what you're paying for it. Great for on-the-go as it is extremely portable and lightweight, but I would opt-in for stronger offerings if you're in a quiet environment. if only the hiss and the beeping wasn't so noticeable for my sensitive IEMs, hoping for Fiio to address this in the BTR3s.

Considering that you're comparing it to the X5ii, that sounds great, until you mentioned the hiss and beeping, i can't stand that at all, looks like i'll have to wait for the 3 then.

Mar 18, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #414 of 803
Considering that you're comparing it to the X5ii, that sounds great, until you mentioned the hiss and beeping, i can't stand that at all, looks like i'll have to wait for the 3 then.
X5iii actually so the sound ain't that bad to be honest. But totally agree that if you have sensitive gear, then the hiss from this will turn you away. Highly suggest you wait for the 3 to see if they solve this (as I would), or perhaps consider the Q5 which is miles better.

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #415 of 803
X5iii actually so the sound ain't that bad to be honest. But totally agree that if you have sensitive gear, then the hiss from this will turn you away. Highly suggest you wait for the 3 to see if they solve this (as I would), or perhaps consider the Q5 which is miles better.

I wish, Q5 is waaay out of my league, but thanks a lot for the heads up, can't stand hissing or noise at all.

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #416 of 803
I wish, Q5 is waaay out of my league, but thanks a lot for the heads up, can't stand hissing or noise at all.

Do you have sensitive gear though? I don't, and I didn't notice hissing/noise with the BTR1 when I had it (nor do I with the Radsone ES100, although others with sensitive gear notice it when using APTX - but not APTXHD or AAC).

Mar 18, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #418 of 803
I have, currently i have a cheaper transmitter, and notice some noise with it.

Ok. Either the transmitter is the problem, or else you are listening with sensitive iems. I personally wouldn't pass on the BTR1 unless you are using sensitive iems.

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #420 of 803
I haven't opened my BTR1 even though I've had it for nearly 2 months. After hearing it doesn't pair well with the IT01 (hiss) I have been put off opening it. I may sell it.

I would sell it if that's the intent to pair it with the IT01 for more use cases.

I just got the IT01 in today and it pairs really poorly with the BTR1 purely because of that. Works great with my other less sensitive phones however!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back