FIIO BTR (which one)+My Phone (Samsung A50) vs New DAP with Bluetooth AptX-HD and LDAC?
Jan 31, 2021 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JackTheRipper

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

So I'm wondering which Model of the FIIO BTR Series would be the best purchase? I'm looking at the BTR5 for the DAC, USB DAC and Bluetooth 5.0 AptX-HD and LDAC with Bluetooth Headphones or Wired Headphones...

I Just got a rather good Pair of Lightweight Headphones that have a good Soundstage and are Isolating Pretty Well and although it does have Bluetooth Functionality as an Option instead of the Wire, I do Prefer the Wired Version but they both do not have a Microphone which the BTR would Solve as well as taking advantage of Wired AND Bluetooth 5.0 and Better BT Codecs...and having a USB DAC would be a big Advantage for me!

Or just getting a new Sony or FIIO DAP with Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC/AptX-HD and USB DAC Functionality...
I already own a Headphone Amplifier (Schiit but no DAC...aside from my Samsung A50 Smartphone or my crappy Old Laptop...
Thanks for your Opinions/Recommendations
P.S: Refer to Amazon.ca or other Trusted Canadian Websites for Prices since I am in Canada...(or Amazon.com with Shipping to Canada for mostly Free...)

I'd rather pay the least possible but I can go 150-300$ (First Number is The Maximum I'd like to pay for a Bluetooth Device like the FIIO BTR that has the same Features I already enumerated before and the higher number is for a DAP with, again, the Features I've previously Mentioned above...(Everything included like Taxes and Shipping Preferably)...

PS: I do have a 2 Pairs of Headphones that need Repairs like my AKG K612 Pro's with a Broken Wire (most likely, they are relatively new so I doubt it'd be one Side is already Blown...) and an Older Pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm that probably has a blown speaker...
But what happens is that they both have 1 Side that doesn't work.

But In my lack of Luck, my Neighbor was super Nice and offered me a "Free" Pair of Bose SoundLink (Basically AE2 that comes with a Bluetooth Adapter & a Wire so they can be used Bluetooth or Wired. Wired sounds Much better than with the Bluetooth Dongle, but it's useful...).
They also sound pretty good despite all the Hate for Bose and Beats on Here...(And they are pretty much Free which is usually the big issue with Bose...their Price!) Nice Soundstage, Not too Bassy, Clear Mids and Highs with not much sibilance...But the Bass is not Prominent but Clear...
So Nice Headphones, I just wish I could get good sound directly with Bluetooth like AptX-HD/LDAC...is it worth it?
I Do also need a USB DAC for my Computer (old Laptop running Linux Manjaro in case it matters...) and I already have a Schiit Vali... would it be worth getting the FIIO BTR(5) or Should I just get a real DAC and if so which one would blend well with what I have but more Importantly I'm eventually going to get some Sennheiser HD600/HD6XX/HD650...and stick to the Bluetooth Dongle (SoundLink AKA AE2w) that came with the Headphones in the first place? (I want to HEAR a Difference in SQ, just like I do, or as close to, as when I change between the Wireless SoundLink Dongle to a Cable...)

If you can recommend a Place in Canada that does good Repairs or Someone on Head-Fi that does Good Work without charging an arm and a leg, that'd be Great! I probably need a Cable for my AKG K612 Pro's and a new Speaker for my Older Second-Hand BeyerDynamics DT770 Pro 80Ohms

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back