FiiO’s Upgraded Bluetooth Amplifier BTR1K: Qualcomm QCC 3005 BT chip, BT 5.0 and aptX /aptX LL/AAC supported, RGB light, NFC pairing, Type C and USB DAC
Jan 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #301 of 803
Dear friend,
When pausing the music, you would get the static noise right?
According to the feedback from our engineer, it is because of the Bluetooth chip CSRA64215.

I've heard this same (clicky/whiny/static) noise floor on every AptX receiver (or switchable receiver/transmitter) I have, which includes several from Avantree, a Sound Blaster E5, and the Fiio BTR1. It is more or less audible depending on what heaphones I use but with my Classic 99s (103dB sensitivity) it is very much audible when there is signal but no volume (e.g. pause between talking). I used to think it was coming in somewhere on an ADC or DAC but my entire chain is now digital (media player HDMI > Atlona AT-HD-M2C multichannel to stereo > optical in on Avantree Oasis > A2DP APTX-LL to Fiio BTR1) and it still exists.

It would very much make sense if this is coming from the BT chips since every AptX product seems to be affected to some degree and the noise profile is similar across the board. If you can fix this in a future product I would buy it immediately.

The positive thing is that on the BTR1 it's noticeable the least compared to other receivers I've tried, and it's not bothersome when there's constant sound, so it's acceptable.

Jan 24, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #302 of 803
Have a question: I use the BTR1 with both my iphone and my Sony WM1A. For this example, let's say they're right next to each other, but I am actively streaming tunes from the WM1A. Now, if I get up and leave with the BTR1 and the WM1A, I will eventually get that annoying interrupting beep every 5 or 10 seconds informing me it has lost connection with the iphone. Makes sense, because I have physically left the connectivity proximity for that device. What I am trying to figure out is why the BTR1, which is obviously aware of its simultaneous connection to the iphone while streaming music from the WM1A, will give me that loss of connection notification, but will not give me any other alerts from its connection with the iphone, such as new email, text, etc. My hypothesis is because the BTR1 connects via AptX to the WM1A, and SBC to the iphone. Is that why??

Jan 26, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #303 of 803
If it has an active connection to both it will complain when you walk away from one of them,.
Just read the docs on it, It mentions it can be paired to two devices at a time, meaning its paired with both and will complain if it cant reach one of them

you have to unpair it when you want to use one without the other being near.

BTW, just got mine, testing it with my Z2... My Trinity Masters sound better off the FiiO BTR1 then the Sony A35, thats at least my first impression,
I was also surprised its reporting battery life on Android 8.1, i can see the battery left on the BTR1.

Can also confirm its APTX LL, tested with a Audio Sync video, no lag i could notice.
Which is curious since FiiO mentions it dosnt support LL or HD, but sync tests show unnoticeable lag ( probobly in the 50ms range) and the sound quality is impressive, the instrument separation at least when compared to the Sony A35 is quite nicer,

Im starting to think that the Sony will be relegrated for travel and places where the phone cant be used.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #304 of 803
If it has an active connection to both it will complain when you walk away from one of them,.
Just read the docs on it, It mentions it can be paired to two devices at a time, meaning its paired with both and will complain if it cant reach one of them

you have to unpair it when you want to use one without the other being near.

I understand how it works, that it can be paired with two devices, needing to unpair it to cease connectivity drop beep, etc. My question was why I don't receive any audible notifications from the phone since it is technically still paired with the device... does an active aptX connection preclude transmission of anything over a secondary SBC connection?

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #306 of 803
How would this fit to my AKG K 702 cans?

Dear friend,

You may have a try in the local store for confirming.

We have tested the HD650 in biggest volume and the output can work nice.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 28, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #309 of 803
Having an issue trying to use my BTR1 on Windows 10. I have been working to figure out why this is an issue. My Fugoo XL Speaker works great and spdverify does not show any errors in it's service profile. Anyone else have this problem? Below is more information that I have figured out so far.

Problems:
1) Only service that is available is "Handsfree Telephony" and there is no input on the microphone and no audio out to the headphones
2) If I open up the device and check the boxes for "Audio Sink" or "Remote Control" and hit reply, it just unchecks the boxes

Specs:
Alienware 13 R3
Intel Wireless 8260 + Bluetooth + latest drivers

WDK Spdverify Tool:

5 Errors
1) The "Serial Port" -> "Profile Descriptor List (0x0009)" is out of order and should come before Attribute 0x100
2) Inside some sequences the parser is expecting another SEQUENCE
3) "AV remote control target" -> "Profile Descriptor List (0x0009)" is out of order again and should come before "Additional Protocol Descriptor List (0x000d)"

Windows Event Viewer:
A device with Bluetooth adapter address (mac address removed) has a bad service record (attribute identifier 13). The service will not be visible.
A device with Bluetooth adapter address (mac address removed) has a bad service record (attribute identifier 9). The service will not be visible.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #310 of 803
Update

Everyone uses this driver from dell for activating their aptx support on their Intel Wireless cards such as my 8260. It works great with all my other aptX devices but for some reason it completely messes with the BTR1. Not sure why.

After uninstall/reinstall BTR1 somehow it used the microsoft driver and then I was able to update the BTR1 Bluetooth Stereo driver to the intel one manually. This is the driver file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\HPWA\drivers\ibta2dp.inf. Looks like I have aptX and aptX LL support on this headset in Windows 10 now.

Jan 29, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #311 of 803
Update

Everyone uses this driver from dell for activating their aptx support on their Intel Wireless cards such as my 8260. It works great with all my other aptX devices but for some reason it completely messes with the BTR1. Not sure why.

After uninstall/reinstall BTR1 somehow it used the microsoft driver and then I was able to update the BTR1 Bluetooth Stereo driver to the intel one manually. This is the driver file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\HPWA\drivers\ibta2dp.inf. Looks like I have aptX and aptX LL support on this headset in Windows 10 now.

Dear friend,

So the issue has been solved by uninstall/reinstall BTR1? If yes, that would be great for sharing with other users meeting the same issue.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 29, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #312 of 803
Dear friend,

So the issue has been solved by uninstall/reinstall BTR1? If yes, that would be great for sharing with other users meeting the same issue.

Best regards

I haven't tried to reproduce the problem and steps to correct it yet. But basically the Intel WBX\aptX driver seems to mess up the BTR1 when adding the device. If I uninstall Intel WBX/aptX, remove BTR1 and add BTR1 again it works but without aptX.

I had to reinstall Intel WBX/aptX, force update the btr1 sound device with the intel a2dp driver from the WBX/aptX package. Hopefully others just don't have an issue.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #315 of 803
Does this have an equalizer, or even just a bass boost function? If not, are there any bluetooth dac/amp solutions with an equalizer?

I know the E5 has one, but that's a little too bulky and expensive for my needs.

As per FiiO's response, no (although that "sound effect" is pretty cool).

But I think that you can EQ from your source, no? I don't use EQ, but EQ from my S7 phone seems to affect the sound of the BTR1 (although maybe this isn't something that one wants to do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back