Fighters anyone?
Oct 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #16 of 69
M. Bison is one of blanka's hardest matchups too.  I can't stand fighting most online Blankas, they're so random to the point of being scary, but their execution is also really bad.  I'm about the only Blanka I've seen online that actually knows how to piano, and not just mash out electricity while in a block string.  I develop most of my play around T SRAI and OctopusOnFire.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 69
Nice! T SRAI is the best blanka for sure, he's a good person to model your blanka after because he has good fundamentals and he also has all the blanka shenanigans at his disposal. I've never actually seen octopusonfire but I've heard great things. I just play m.bison because it's easy to get to an ok level with him, I've gone to tournaments with a couple of friends and the amount of dedication some people have for this game is ridiculous. My roommate plays ~4 hours a day and only on training mode on a regular day and he got bodied by most people he played even in casuals at CEO and in my university he's so good that the local fighting game community won't even play street fighter because of him.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #18 of 69
Wow it's crazy how much of a gap there is between players in SF4, it's such a competitive and deep game.

Octopusonfire is another blanka with great fundamentals and execution, he has an entire episode dedicated to him on Excellent Adventures with gootecks and mike ross.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #19 of 69
I grew up with playing fighting games, almost entirely non-Capcom fighters though. Grew up playing nothing but SNK stuff, and Tekken. I was extremely into BB until last year, but then realized the series is a complete joke and should wait for the new GG. Play GG and a lot of anime fighters casually, but I'll try to learn how to actually play GG when AC+R is out.

I'm just playing KOF13 for now. Easily the best fighting game this gen for me. Online is unplayable, but it didn't stop me from learning. I've also found a local player, so hoping to get better.

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #20 of 69
Hmm, I think it's hard to get into any fighting game other than streetfighter 4 or MVC3 because there really isn't much of a community around the other games. KOF is really popular in mexico and SF pros play that for the money but in NA there's no scene for non-capcom games.

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #21 of 69
Quote:
Hmm, I think it's hard to get into any fighting game other than streetfighter 4 or MVC3 because there really isn't much of a community around the other games. KOF is really popular in mexico and SF pros play that for the money but in NA there's no scene for non-capcom games.

Non-capcom game tends to have a microscopic scene, yep. But what can I do? I can't stand Marvel, SFxT is too silly, and SF is too slow for my needs. Besides, the only community that plays even Capcom games in my area is like 3 hours away with public transportation. It amazes me how there aren't any real scenes here, despite being one of the most populated cities of Canada. I should just move to Toronto or Montreal.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #23 of 69
Quote:
There's a decent canada scene. The canada cup was like last weekened and there was a lot of canadian players as well as international players.

I didn't say there wasn't a scene in Canada. I said there's no real scene in Vancouver. Canada Cup is in Calgary. Not Vancouver. Vancouver has a small tourney couple of times a year, but they just play SF and Marvel. It's not even a big thing.

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #24 of 69
I assumed they had smaller regional tournaments in order to have a canada cup but that sucks. You should try league of legends or something you can actually play online lmao. Playing fighting games sucks if you can't find people on your same skill level or have a korean or japanese internet connection.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #25 of 69
Dreamcast FTW. 
never before (or since!) has a console had such an awesome selection of fighters. 
Not only the godlike Garou - Mark of the Wolves and other SNK classics (last blade 2 anyone?), the original versions of SFIII...Virtua Fighter 3!!  
let's not mention the crap Spawn and Heavy Metal ones. 

admittedly, I still stoke the coles under my old 'cast and play some local Soul Calibur whenever I can... the PS3 and 360 versions just didn't seem the same (cos they weren't). 

Nice big rear projection TV, some Fightsticks + a ridiculous amp and speaker set make it 100% perfect. My PS3 can't touch it for sheer fighting pleasure. 

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #26 of 69
Non-capcom game tends to have a microscopic scene, yep. But what can I do? I can't stand Marvel, SFxT is too silly, and SF is too slow for my needs. Besides, the only community that plays even Capcom games in my area is like 3 hours away with public transportation. It amazes me how there aren't any real scenes here, despite being one of the most populated cities of Canada. I should just move to Toronto or Montreal.

Non-Capcom, particularly SNK, has a bigger scene in Asia. In North America, people are pretty much raised on Capcom. Have you given the Soul series a try? I find Tekken to be slow after playing the Soul games. KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A is great casual fun.

@ru57y:
Last Blade 2! Oh, the memories... SNK really needs to get their stuff together. Garou and Last Blade 2 were awesome and need something to follow that. The mainline KOF games don't compare.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #27 of 69
Quote:
Non-Capcom, particularly SNK, has a bigger scene in Asia. In North America, people are pretty much raised on Capcom. Have you given the Soul series a try? I find Tekken to be slow after playing the Soul games. KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A is great casual fun.
@ru57y:
Last Blade 2! Oh, the memories... SNK really needs to get their stuff together. Garou and Last Blade 2 were awesome and need something to follow that. The mainline KOF games don't compare.

Unfortunately, I'm more for 2D fighters. Not that I dislike 3D fighters, but I just enjoy 2D fighters a lot more.

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #28 of 69
Quote:
Wow it's crazy how much of a gap there is between players in SF4, it's such a competitive and deep game.

Octopusonfire is another blanka with great fundamentals and execution, he has an entire episode dedicated to him on Excellent Adventures with gootecks and mike ross.

SSFIV: AE got balanced so well, competitive tournament footage is no longer Yun vs Yun.  Now I see Akuma (my favorite), Sagat, Ryu, Cammy, Ken, Balrog, Vega, Bison, Seth (I've seen some nasty Seth players), Evil Ryu, Gen, Ibuki, Guy, DeeJay, E-Honda, Blanka.........

Nov 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 69
@HalidePisces I threw so much money into playing it on MVS :D 
best fighter ever imho...

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #30 of 69
@Ojsinnerz:
I prefer 2D fighters as well. It took me a while to warm up to 3D fighters. I think it's because it's easier to read frames in 2D games. That might be why 2D games seem slower. Have you tried Ougon Musou Kyoku? It's available for X360 and PC, though I think the PC version is much better. Capcom needs to bring back that turbo setting they had back in the SF2 days.

@ru57y:
Kouryu.... ;p

Nowhere as bad as Magaki from KOF XI though.

Last Blade had an interesting system with that Speed/Power/Extreme thing. I really wish SNK would make a sequel, or more likely a spiritual successor since LB2 wrapped up the story pretty well. But I think they've somewhat forgotten about it. At least SNK is doing something about a Garou sequel... what ever happened to that anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back