Fidue A83 MMCX connector issue
Sep 9, 2016 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Capt. Z

500+ Head-Fier
I finally found some IEM that I can listen to and enjoy music while working outside.

However, the right channel cuts out on and off and I traced it down to a connection issue with the MMCX connector. I have used a contact spray to clean the contacts, but that seems to be only a very brief solution. I also remember reading here somewhere that other people had the same issue with the Fidue A83.

Just wondering if there is a fix to this like fixing the MMCX connector on the existing cable or a new, replacement cable, without spending a 3 digit $ amount.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 6
i'm in the same boat as you. i purchased mine back in 01/2016 and come September, my left channel is already dropping sound. at first, i thought it was the cable but now i'm not sure at all because even opening my jaw really wide cuts off the sound so now i suspect more than just the cable. 

i looked around and i can only find MMCX cables between $59 or $199. in all honesty, i feel like i've already spent more on these headphones than they're worth so i'd hate to spend more just to debug the issue without any guarantees. 

it seems like people had zero to no luck with Fidue customer support so that route is probably not going to lead anywhere either. 

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 6
i'm in the same boat as you. i purchased mine back in 01/2016 and come September, my left channel is already dropping sound. at first, i thought it was the cable but now i'm not sure at all because even opening my jaw really wide cuts off the sound so now i suspect more than just the cable. 

i looked around and i can only find MMCX cables between $59 or $199. in all honesty, i feel like i've already spent more on these headphones than they're worth so i'd hate to spend more just to debug the issue without any guarantees. 

it seems like people had zero to no luck with Fidue customer support so that route is probably not going to lead anywhere either. 

Have a look here.

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php

Any Shure cable will fit.

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 6
thanks, that's definitely helpful! IF the culprit is indeed the cable. but if it's the connectors themselves or how they're internally connected to the rest of the assembly, a new cable might not quite be the remedy we seek. 

i wonder if there are any success stories after replacing the cable. Capt. Z, want to give it a try and let us all know? :p  

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Just a week ago I received a DIY Toxic cable from a friend. So far, so good, though I may heard one interruption.

If I get more issues with the connection I am planning to 'bent' the pin inside the IEM just very slightly to see if that will solve the issue. There is not much else there that could cause this kind of issue.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 6
I finally found some IEM that I can listen to and enjoy music while working outside.

However, the right channel cuts out on and off and I traced it down to a connection issue with the MMCX connector. I have used a contact spray to clean the contacts, but that seems to be only a very brief solution. I also remember reading here somewhere that other people had the same issue with the Fidue A83.

Just wondering if there is a fix to this like fixing the MMCX connector on the existing cable or a new, replacement cable, without spending a 3 digit $ amount.

I bought an official Fidue replacement in August from Hifiheadphones.Co.Uk. It cost £57.50 and has cured the dropping out problem. Standard (Non Fidue) cables would allow the headshell to potentially rotate..

Darren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back