Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #1,126 of 1,164
All this talk of bass, it's obviously highly subjective.

However, I've just taken delivery of a JDS Labs C5 amp, which has a bass toggle with 3 settings - off, medium & high.

On high, these A73s have more bass than I could EVER need... and I love bass. In fact, I have the amp set to medium or off most of the time!

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #1,127 of 1,164
i didnt like hardware bass on a73, i think it sounds good as it is.

Jan 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #1,129 of 1,164
I haven't tried the Onkyo HF player, but I find KaiserTone to be pretty handy with it's gain control.  If I want something strictly for EQ, then I use Equaliser (which has a preamp function  - essentially a gain control).  I also use Accudio Pro from time to time.  It's a case of pretty much picking the app that works best for you.  At $10, KaiserTone is worth it to me. 

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #1,130 of 1,164
I haven't tried the Onkyo HF player, but I find KaiserTone to be pretty handy with it's gain control.  If I want something strictly for EQ, then I use Equaliser (which has a preamp function  - essentially a gain control).  I also use Accudio Pro from time to time.  It's a case of pretty much picking the app that works best for you.  At $10, KaiserTone is worth it to me. 

As always! Thanks Brooko! I generally find myself agreeing with your opinions. So you were a good person to ask about this topic. I greatly appreciate it!

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #1,131 of 1,164
In the picture, on the cord is the black little rubber "zip tie" that kept the A73 cable together when you first recieved it in your Fidue case. Despite the cable having no chin slider, I've put that little ziptie-like thing on there and it definitely works. Stays in place, slides with little give. I don't know if that was what it was meant for in the first place, or if its judt for general storing cable management. Anyways, it works. Cheers!

Jan 12, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #1,132 of 1,164
I've had the Dunu DN1000 for 2 years now. I really like them and never thought of replacing them, but for quite some time it's been causing discomfort (it really hurts my outer ear)
I have read this thread and opinions vary as to which is better. At this point, is anyone still convinced that A73 sounds better over the DN1k?
To be more specific, I like the airiness, clarity, punchy bass, and superb instrument separation I hear on my DN1k.

Jan 25, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #1,137 of 1,164
The reply I received from another audio gear site (Headfonics) is that the RHA T20 is more suitable for "younger and louder music."   I have the A73 and Ortofon EQ-5 for more than a few months now. So far, so good with my X3II, X1 and M3 playing mostly classical, chamber and soundtracks, with a splash of "old" vocals circa 60s, 70s and 80s.

The postings I have gone through about the A83 stopped me from jumping on that one. The less expensive A73 made the jump a lot easier. 

All the observations shared on its "sticky and tangly" cable are basically valid. The complaint about the absence of a "lip" on its nozzles proved to be pesky and costly (Ortofon tips, which I very much like, are quite costly from this part of the globe) that after losing more than a few, I decided to add the tiniest drop of glue on those "lipless tips" to prevent me from buying another pack so soon.

A reasonable bump in price for the A73 next-gen with better cable. Pleas add a lip on those nozzles. Removable cable will add cost, but to me, it is worth it.  It would be nice too if one can choose a cable without a Mic/Control. I don't need any.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #1,138 of 1,164
I don't know about IEMs, so forgive me for the following stupidity. I am interested in the A73, but how much improvement over my Soundmagic E10 would they offer? Ridiculous question, I am sure. Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 27, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,139 of 1,164
I don't know about IEMs, so forgive me for the following stupidity. I am interested in the A73, but how much improvement over my Soundmagic E10 would they offer? Ridiculous question, I am sure. Thanks for the feedback.
I had the VSD3S before my A73, and I think the E10 and the Vsonic were in the same league? Sub $50 epic performers I guess you coild catagorize them as. Big difference. More soundstage, more air, more detail, more clarity. It's simply a VSD3S, but better im every way, and then some. And a little more balance too. I think detachable cables would've made this the best iem in it's class for good.

Feb 28, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,140 of 1,164
Its a very good earphone and its not nice to say that its not good earphone. it is very good earphone. but there are some small nit picking. I think they should have removed sibilance, improved bass and made it down to wear. and volume buttons. other than that i think 7 euro ve monk earbuds are also very good and are quite similar to a73 in some aspects like audio resolution etc. flare audio r2a is better though, but it cost more too for retale value anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Back