Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #47 of 353
Should have mine in a couple more days.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #52 of 353
On open box there's a little bit of mid-bass pushing through I'd like to disappear, once you adjust it becomes part of the presentation but for the first few minutes it was a little boom boom shake the room in that regoin. Either I'm adjusting or it's calming down.

Things that stand out:

Detail
Slightly forward mids
Good attack in the mid-range.
Decent amount of bass (lets see if the mid-bass settles / but good extension)
Soundstage width, there were some electronic tracks felt 3D like.

The fit is a little strange at first as the housings tend to go rather deep inside your canal, you'll need to get those ear guides the right shape so the housings can sit flat or level >----(O_O)----<. If you don't do that it can have a kind of chop stick feeling while wearing them or V shape.

Studio V isn't the right source for this IEM, it made A71 sound rather boggy, congested which is kind of strange. Using both the little C3 and NWZ-E345 Walkman I picked up recently they sound more along the lines djvkool described. a little analytical, though I would still lean towards the mid-range being thick overall with that warm tone from the low end.

Treble is well done, smooth and inoffensive, decently detailed.

I think I'll let these run in for a while and get back to you guys. The way it looks you would be passing something like Havi or VDS3S from my early listening but it's also a different signature to those two. We just need to check a few more things out, the more I listen the more I can say in due time.

Should you buy them right now? Well, you wouldn't be disappointed at all.  

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #53 of 353
Postie can't get here quick enough .........

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #55 of 353
Thank you H20. My ears have always been happy when I follow your positive impressions. I got anxious to try my first fidue product and I ordered these Sunday. Originally I thought I might try Havi b3 pro but decided to purchase these instead.
I have the C3 already and the Fiio x1 and Kogan on the way. Thanks again.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #56 of 353
I've switched over to these tips:

You can find them on eBay here: http://shop.ebay.com.au/15shopgoods/m.html?_nkw=EP-E10A&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_sop=1&_odkw=&_osacat=0&tfrom=180443449163&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

Listening to this album below gives a great sense of atmosphere, I remember djvkool saying A71 sounds like a "live presentation" well I can relate to that. In some ways with the album below it sounds more like a cinema system, soundstage really does it job! 

(free)

Link: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/absence-of-gravity

You guys are really going to love the case, it's a pill type case, feels perfect in the hand.

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 353
They had the same case for the A81. It's a nice case - just a little on the small side for the 81 & 83.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #59 of 353
  On open box there's a little bit of mid-bass pushing through I'd like to disappear, once you adjust it becomes part of the presentation but for the first few minutes it was a little boom boom shake the room in that regoin. Either I'm adjusting or it's calming down.

Things that stand out:

Detail
Slightly forward mids
Good attack in the mid-range.
Decent amount of bass (lets see if the mid-bass settles / but good extension)
Soundstage width, there were some electronic tracks felt 3D like.

The fit is a little strange at first as the housings tend to go rather deep inside your canal, you'll need to get those ear guides the right shape so the housings can sit flat or level >----(O_O)----<. If you don't do that it can have a kind of chop stick feeling while wearing them or V shape.

Studio V isn't the right source for this IEM, it made A71 sound rather boggy, congested which is kind of strange. Using both the little C3 and NWZ-E345 Walkman I picked up recently they sound more along the lines djvkool described. a little analytical, though I would still lean towards the mid-range being thick overall with that warm tone from the low end.

Treble is well done, smooth and inoffensive, decently detailed.

I think I'll let these run in for a while and get back to you guys. The way it looks you would be passing something like Havi or VDS3S from my early listening but it's also a different signature to those two. We just need to check a few more things out, the more I listen the more I can say in due time.

Should you buy them right now? Well, you wouldn't be disappointed at all.  

Mid-bass will get better significantly, try medium-sized bore tips, and avoid using foamies if you can 
wink_face.gif

Postie can't get here quick enough .........

Post Office told me 4 business days mate, you should have it tomorrow or Friday (I hope)

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #60 of 353
What's the comfort level like?  How would this work for a smaller ear?  How do they compare to the Narmoo S1, I notice the driver complement is similar.

At first on open box they felt a little strange, though the design / guides seem to find thier own direction / fit after a few uses. So comfortable is a word I'd use.

Can't help with the small ears question sorry.

Mid-bass will get better significantly, try medium-sized bore tips, and avoid using foamies if you can :wink_face:

I think it already has reduced to be honest, nothing like it was the first 5 minutes. These are actually really capable dual dynamic IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back