Fidue A33, A65, and A73 - Review and Comparison
Jul 22, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #16 of 33
  can you compare the a73 and the vsd3s? Not the same price bracket, but looking to upgrade 

Sorry, only have access to VSD3 at the current moment.  By memory, VSD3S was lacking bass, slower and just a bit north of neutral level, and upper mids were brighter, harsher, grainier.  Not saying it in a negative way, I just prefer a smoother, warmer, and detailed sound with a good bass impact.  Others crave a more detailed, brighter, analytical sound and don't mind signature of VSD3S or KC06, while I prefer VSD3 and KC06A.

Jul 22, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #17 of 33
  Thanks for this review! Been keeping my eyes on A73 because of it`s over-ear design, nice looks/build quality and wish to get something from 2-way hybrids land.
How would You compare A73 to ATE? I really like ATE large soundstage and "out of headroom" smooth non-fatiguing presentation. Would A73 be good upgrade considering I really like ATE?
On sidenote - I have black translucent ATE which imo are littlebit less "hollow" sounding than silver ones.

I can take a closer look at this comparison when I get to ED10 review, and looking into my KZ pile :)  But for sure you can't expect the same expanded soundstage, accuracy in imaging, the same level of layering and separation, and retrieval of details between these two.  ATE is a "giant killer" within its sub $50-$60 domain, and probably the best budget version for those who are craving IM50 sound.  A73 is on a whole new level, for those who can't afford A83 or prefer a smoother/warmer sound in comparison to A83.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #18 of 33
  @twister6, great write up again bro! I want to ask you which IEM would you pick between A73 and E80 for more treble detail and extension and also more organic vocals with better bass? 

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 33

@twister6, great write up again bro! I want to ask you which IEM would you pick between A73 and E80 for more treble detail and extension and also more organic vocals with better bass? 

For more treble extension and higher level of details get E80, but for a more organic vocals and a better bass - A73.  Sorry, I can't recommend just one to cover all the basis :)

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #20 of 33
Thanks for this detailed review, really nice work! Can you compare ATH-M50 with A65/A73 if you have used before? I'm selling some of my iems and headphones, so I'm looking for a replacement :) 

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #21 of 33
  Thanks for this detailed review, really nice work! Can you compare ATH-M50 with A65/A73 if you have used before? I'm selling some of my iems and headphones, so I'm looking for a replacement :) 

How much will they cost so we can make better suggestions? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #22 of 33
My upper limit is 150$ but I'll prefer cheaper items with price/performance ratio ofcourse :) Looking for detailed but non-sibilant and comfortable IEM. My all-time favorite headphone is HD25 I-II, so I'm looking for an IEM close to its sound signature. 

How much will they cost so we can make better suggestions? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #23 of 33
  My upper limit is 150$ but I'll prefer cheaper items with price/performance ratio ofcourse :) Looking for detailed but non-sibilant and comfortable IEM. My all-time favorite headphone is HD25 I-II, so I'm looking for an IEM close to its sound signature. 

Don't know about the HD25, but here are a few that have been jumping out to folks lately in that price range

Fidue A73
Trinity Delta
ATH-CKR9 
DUNU Titan 1 (FiiO EX-1?)
VSonic GR07

Drop the price, keep the value:
Soundmagic E80
Ostry KC06A
Havi B1 (needs amp)

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #24 of 33
  Don't know about the HD25, but here are a few that have been jumping out to folks lately in that price range

Fidue A73
Trinity Delta
ATH-CKR9 
DUNU Titan 1 (FiiO EX-1?)
VSonic GR07

Drop the price, keep the value:
Soundmagic E80
Ostry KC06A
Havi B1 (needs amp)

Well, thanks for the reply and suggestions!

Fidue A73 is on my list (with A65),
I have some comfort problems ATH-CKR series, so... 
I have tried Dunu Titan 1 and I think it has some seal/isolation issues..
Will look into Trinity Delta,
Vsonic GR07 is somewhat sibilant to my ears,
Ostry is also no-go for me as it lacks detail but Havi B1 (old one) is also on my list but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #25 of 33

Ostry is also no-go for me as it lacks detail but Havi B1 (old one) is also on my list but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Fidue A73 and Trinity Delta are at the very top of my list. Since I do not power my IEMs the B1 is not something I could consider keeping. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #26 of 33

I wouldn't suggest Havi B3 as it sounds quite different than HD25. From your list I think A73 or cheaper E80 would be the best pick

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #28 of 33
Fidue A65 if you want a warmer sound with less treble detail.

Aug 1, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #29 of 33

I wouldn't suggest Havi B3 as it sounds quite different than HD25. From your list I think A73 or cheaper E80 would be the best pick

+1
Go for the A73 as I am in love all over again with a73!
You wouldn't regret its purchase.Trust me on this one.

As they have similar price, which one would you recommend Fidue A65 or Soundmagic E80?

otoh with budget you might want to check out E80 without any doubt.I don't own them personally, but based on the reviews these are supposed to be going toe to toe with A73 except that the
e80 signature opposite to a73's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back