Fidelizer 2.0 - Introducing new UI with multi-core optimizations
Jul 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #122 of 188

Quote:
if you want process.exe, search for the app name from the post above, if you look for process.exe per se who knows what you'll end up dl

all you really want is a process manager - gui or cmd line, that can mass set affinities

Would you mind putting these instructions in english for those of us that have no idea what you are talking about?

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #123 of 188
Would you mind putting these instructions in english for those of us that have no idea what you are talking about?

the simplest way to put it is - find a process manager that lets you select multiple processes at once and set affinities to them.... or just deselect the 'core optimizations' or whatever they're called in fidelizer 2

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #124 of 188

Quote:
.... or just deselect the 'core optimizations' or whatever they're called in fidelizer 2

That is exactly what I'm doing, that makes V2 almost like V1.6 but I like that when it finishes it shuts itself down instead of having to do it manually and also you skip the browser opening up and trying to go to Fidelizer's site.

EDIT:

V2 goes to site automatically as soon as it finishes adjusting whereas 1.6 does when closing the "finished" Window

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #126 of 188
It going to the site made me stop using the program and the fact he took the auto start up out the program. It not worth the hassle any more.

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #128 of 188

Quote:
pretty sure adding it to autostart manually with the /s switch works...

Of course it can be manually added to startup, but since this app is meant to be a friendly way to optimize a system for audio usage, removing a simple thing like that doesn't make much sense :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #130 of 188

Quote:
yea, I really don't understand the developer, as I've highlighted many times before
biggrin.gif

My main complaint on this app is the lack of disclosure regarding system changes details, for which he replied he wanted to warrant something for himself. Well, that can end up being a double edged blade. But overall, I applaude the effort, as the audiophile community does need initiative like that :)

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #131 of 188
Does using a multi-core cpu compared to a single core cpu make the data sent faster so the audio data computed and sent by the cpu sounds smoother or something? Has anyone experimented with this?

On the flip side the CPU seems to be susceptible to RF/EMI so using more cores means more watts to be contaminated. Any ideas?

The CPU is still a mystery to me for audio purposes. A CD Player uses one but in a small capacity but I'm not sure how a CPU in a CD Player affects audio compared to a CPU in a desktop.
Is multi-core the way to go using more watts and use separate cores for specific tasks or a single core with less watts as possible and a cooler temperature state is better?

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #132 of 188
Also some AV reports viruses at virustotal.com  :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #135 of 188
Am I missing something? How do you configure 2.1 to start automatically?

I ran it once after I downloaded it, but it seemed like it said it will only work until I reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back