Fidelio X2 vs. L2
Oct 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

krelianx

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy everyone! I am about to sell my Fidelio's X1, because I find there are upgrade options at present I can afford with a little more dough. I do love these cans, even if they sound a bit muddled in the bass. Anyway, the two contenders I have considered, provisionally, are the Fidelio X2's, which everyone seems to be raving on about, and their companions the L2.

Now, I have searched for comparisons between these two cans, besides the obvious differences (semi-open vs. fully open...) but have found little information. I was hoping you guys would help me out. 

I intend to use these both at home and on the go. I have an HTC One M8 as a portable player, with no amplification, for the go, and an Aune T1 at home for an amp-dac. I also own a pair of hd-600s for dedicated home listenining. I heard that the X2s are very efficient from any source, even without amplification, and that the L2s are perfect for portable use, besides the fact that they do leak sound. Still, I was told they don't leak nearly as much, and so it is not a problem as long as you don't mind some leakage. The replacable pads on the X2 are a big plus in my mind.

I'm more interested in comparing the SQ of both of these. I know Tyll recently claimed the X2s debunked the hd-600s from the tier, and the folks at headphonia said about the L2s they were just that good. Well, these are all controversial claims, and I'm sure opinions vary, but I'd like someone to tell me how they think these two cans compare. You can find them similarly priced if you look hard enough, so anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back