Fidelio X2 vs AKG K712PRO
Apr 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Xsavage

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm planning on replacing my current headphones, I've lurked here for a bit and noticed the "Philips Fidelio X1/X2" and the "AKG K712 PRO" are highly regarded in terms of Gaming headphones(which is my intended use)

Currently The Fidelio X2 is priced at 200€'s and the AKG K712 PRO is sitting at around 325€ on Amazon.de so I'm wondering which one I should go with.

I usually play RPG games like Witcher, and Dragon age and they tend to have beautiful music, In rare occasion I also play FPS games but that's hardly my focus.
I also tend to watch movies and anime quite frequently

For people who have used these which one has the best immersion for gaming in your opinion? And which one has the superior bass?

Thanks in advance

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 7
The 30-ohm Philips fidelio X2 is very easy to drive, even for a cheap low cost mp3 player.
Where as the 62-Ohm AKG K712 Pro needs to be used with a dedicated headphone amplifier to sound it's best.
So what exactly do you plan to plug your headphones into?

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 7
  The 30-ohm Philips fidelio X2 is very easy to drive, even for a cheap low cost mp3 player.
Where as the 62-Ohm AKG K712 Pro needs to be used with a dedicated headphone amplifier to sound it's best.
So what exactly do you plan to plug your headphones into?

I forgot to mention I have a Modi 2 uber and a magni 2

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #4 of 7
If you have an amplifier nearby that can drive the K712, Choose the K712 Pro. It might be a little bit more expensive, but it has way better quality than the Philips.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 7
What are your current headphones? Either one of those headphones would likely be a very big improvement over inexpensive gaming headphones, if that is what you are using. What headphones are you currently using?

For the difference in price, I'd recommend the X2 unless money is not really a concern.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #6 of 7
What are your current headphones? Either one of those headphones would likely be a very big improvement over inexpensive gaming headphones, if that is what you are using. What headphones are you currently using?

For the difference in price, I'd recommend the X2 unless money is not really a concern.

I'm using HD518's,

I do know the X2's are better value, however I was planning to spend around 300€'s the main reason I stated the price is because in Europe things may be better(like sennheiser models) or worse value(like hifiman or Audio Technica) then the US, pricing differs a lot on headphones depending where you live, thus value changes.

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #7 of 7
In that price range then, my opinion best is to order both and return one since return shipping is a worthwhile demo fee to get the perfect headphone once you have narrowed down to two. Plus it's fun to do a bit of comparison testing for a few days. But I don't know what return policies are like in the EU. Here in the US, I can easily do that for about $10 or $12 return shipping on one headphone, and sometimes free return shipping with Amazon.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back