Fidelio X2 progression..
Oct 18, 2017 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I was wondering which are all the headphones that characteristics, sound signature and so on, are the logical upgrades by price steps of the so nice X2

Oct 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 14
I was wondering which are all the headphones that characteristics, sound signature and so on, are the logical upgrades by price steps of the so nice X2
I recommend giving the Beyerdyamic DT-1990's a try. The upcoming Hifiman Sundara, Audeze LCD-2C and the Sennheiser HD-660S are probably all worthy of auditions and can be considered next steps to the X2.

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 14
I recommend giving the Beyerdyamic DT-1990's a try. The upcoming Hifiman Sundara, Audeze LCD-2C and the Sennheiser HD-660S are probably all worthy of auditions and can be considered next steps to the X2.

Considering the other 2 ones i got are HD600 (which I love) and HifiMan HE400I, which of the ones you mentioned here above can be the best choice? Audeze is so cool but i'm dealing with a 500 usd budget because prices here in italy are much higher for the same cans

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 14
I tried the HD6xx as an upgrade and didn't care for them all that much. Yes, I know, heresy. If you want to try for a bassy sound that hits harder than the X2 without ruining the mids, I'd recommend the Fostex TH-X00 from Massdrop.

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 14
what the price of x2 in your country? here it is 180€ but with sales you can find it at 120 on amazon, an upgrade that i did is the he400i at 250$.
say your budget, an upgrade could be just ANY cans better of the fidelio if you don't say you budget limit lol

Oct 19, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 14
what the price of x2 in your country? here it is 180€ but with sales you can find it at 120 on amazon, an upgrade that i did is the he400i at 250$.
say your budget, an upgrade could be just ANY cans better of the fidelio if you don't say you budget limit lol

My budget is 400/500 usd and consider that I paid X2 , 250 euros and He400i 350euros..
What do you think about Audeze EL-8?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 14
Wooho ok.
I'm in EU too.
I didn't bought the x2 cause I saw them at like 120€ and the day after when I was going to buy them the price was 180€ on amazon..but few days later massdrop announced the drop about he400i, the He4xx: cans for 160€ shipped with hybridpads A, so I went for them.
Didn't know anything about the EL-8 but if I was you I would look on the new Audeze LC2C, the Beyer DT1990, fostex TH-x00... or something second hand like beyer T1, audeze lcdx , he560....
Btw have you tried some mod on your hifiman? What's about your amp and your dac? Heck if I had a amp that I could drive them I would definitely go for a pair of used HE6

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 14
Wooho ok.
I'm in EU too.
I didn't bought the x2 cause I saw them at like 120€ and the day after when I was going to buy them the price was 180€ on amazon..but few days later massdrop announced the drop about he400i, the He4xx: cans for 160€ shipped with hybridpads A, so I went for them.
Didn't know anything about the EL-8 but if I was you I would look on the new Audeze LC2C, the Beyer DT1990, fostex TH-x00... or something second hand like beyer T1, audeze lcdx , he560....
Btw have you tried some mod on your hifiman? What's about your amp and your dac? Heck if I had a amp that I could drive them I would definitely go for a pair of used HE6

Ok my full configuration
Players : FiiO X3 2nd gen and Onkyo C7030 (I don't use computer to play music)
Amps: Darkvoice with 2 nice Tubes and Meier Audio Corda JAZZ

I didn't mod my HE400I because i just like them but if you can tell me some good mod well can be funny trying
About Audeze LC2C I dont know them it's also hard to find review, but yes for sure they can be a good option, few people also adviced me about TH-X00 and DT1990 so they seem all quite good

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #9 of 14
about LC2C: yes, it's hard because it's a new line based on the old no-fazor driver, some patience and you will find the impressions and reviews, btw you could see how the Audeze sound signature it's the opposite of the cold hifimans :)
about HE6: sry I am not an expert about amp etc, search if your highest power amp can drive HE6 and that is undoubtely the best cans you could buy (it's like one of the most power hungriest cans)
about HE400i: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=he400i+mods
take your time to choose, maybe if you live in a big city or near it or you plan to go there you could find some shop and call them to ask what they have in shop to try it so you could try them with your setup :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #10 of 14
Well It's going to be a tough research, mainly because I dont have many options to listen any by myself and so i've just to ask around, plus it's very hard to find them in italy..

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 14
ma di quali stai parlando? :wink:
io neppure le ho ascoltate ma passando ore e ore a leggerne uno si fa un'idea abbastanza chiara
o.o ah si? Ma sarà che non trovo io i posti ma sta cosa mi sta facendo impazzire .. o non le trovo o vado fuori budget.. quindi tocca aspettare qualche occasione

Dec 7, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #13 of 14
I will borrow this topic real quick. :)

I don't know a lot about used headhone value, but one guy in my area is willing to sell Fidelio X2 for 160 euro (188 usd), very little used, purchased in summer of 2016.

Too high, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back