FIdelio x2 or soundmgic hp200: I appeal to your generosity and knowledge to help me find a christmas gift
Dec 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Carlos O

New Head-Fier
Hi, i want to get myself a nice open back headphone for christmas, i have been reading a lot and there are two main contenders:

1. SoundMagic HP200: all i hear from this headphone is how amazing it is, specially for its price, nice soundstage, imaging, detailed, (wich i consider important), and also comes with a nice carrying case (saving me maybe 40 dollars). but i dont like that you cant use any cable, (and a little worried about pad replacements)

1. Fidelio x2: the only bad thing i have read about this are some models with more bass in the left cup and the sensation of recessed mids. On the other hand the seem more comfy and philips is a better know brand, 

does anybody had the chance to compare the two? wich one is more comfortable? which has better built quality? what about the sound? are the fidelios worth the extra 100 (140 considering that i would need to buy a case), i want the specially for rock, (i love pink floyd, radiohead, beatles).
i plan to buy also a fiio x5 as source.

thanks a lot for your recommendations.

Sincerily

Carlos

PD:does anybody knows if soundmagic is going to release a new open headphone soon? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back