Fidelio x2 defective?
Jul 21, 2017 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

audiopadawan

Head-Fier
Bought a pair of Fidelio x2s listed as "new(other)" on ebay. Description says they were Amazon returns. I got them and plugged them in using 2 different cables on 2 different computers, they sounded like complete crap..my Sennheiser 39Xs were blowing them out of the water @ 100 pp. Do you think they are defective? It's obvious they are used...the box was dented up and one of the cups is showing a bit of wear on the paint....Thanks.

Jul 22, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 8
What sounds wrong about them? Did you try different sources too? Is there anything that makes you think they could be fakes, and does the seller have good ratings?

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 8
Seller has good ratings, they just sound horrible, sound is incredibly muffled, there's an imbalance between the cups. I have tried plugging them into 2 computers and my phone and also used 2 different wires.

Jul 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 8
It's hard to know if the muffled sound is accurate or not - I found the X2s to be a bit veiled (though not as bad as the X1s). Imbalance suggests a greater issue, so I'd return them ASAP.

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 8
It certainly sounds to me like there is something very wrong with the X2. If I were in your shoes and it were possible to do so, I would certainly return them and start over. FWIW. YMMV, of course.

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 8
i have a pair of fidelio x2's and you are correct -- there is no way you would think they sound horrible/muffled/imbalanced/crappy. something is wrong with those.

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 8
I really don't think it's accurate...There's no way in hell they would be that revered and have that quality of sound. They seriously sound like a 3$ pair of cans.

Or those listening to them have hyperacusis, so if the headphone is weaker above 1000hz than below that, they can get to a volume where they can hear the bass but the treble isn't bothering them yet.

Alternately, you could have high frequency hearing loss, making their skewed response even worse.

Still, if there's an imbalance, and your other earphones/headphones on the same device doesn't have it, then there's something wrong with the X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back