Fidelio X1 vs DT990 Pro
Jun 8, 2016 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheKingOfDucks

New Head-Fier
Hi there. This is my second post on here, this time regarding a choice I have come down to. I have found 2 headphones, the Fidelio X1 and the DT990 Pro. I play games like skyrim, gta, far cry, Minecraft, ect. I also enjoy listening to classic rock, Mumford and sons, classical, and some rap. I edit videos daily. Which of the two names headphones would be the best? Thank you for any replies

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi there. This is my second post on here, this time regarding a choice I have come down to. I have found 2 headphones, the Fidelio X1 and the DT990 Pro. I play games like skyrim, gta, far cry, Minecraft, ect. I also enjoy listening to classic rock, Mumford and sons, classical, and some rap. I edit videos daily. Which of the two names headphones would be the best? Thank you for any replies

Hey!

DT990 Pro and Fidelio X1 are quite different headphones

The Beyer is analytical, very detailed and clear.
The Fidelio is more cohessive and bloomy but also more forgiving with poorly recorded music.

I had both in the past and preferred the Beyerdynamic.
It's a technically better headphone but more picky with recordings and amplification.

Best Luck!

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey!

DT990 Pro and Fidelio X1 are quite different headphones

The Beyer is analytical, very detailed and clear.
The Fidelio is more cohessive and bloomy but also more forgiving with poorly recorded music.

I had both in the past and preferred the Beyerdynamic.
It's a technically better headphone but more picky with recordings and amplification.

Best Luck!
from what I've hear on here they're very alike. I've never heard the 990s get. Called analytical before. Which would be better for the purposes I gave, if you don't mind?

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 6
from what I've hear on here they're very alike. I've never heard the 990s get. Called analytical before. Which would be better for the purposes I gave, if you don't mind?

Well no, they're not that much alike.
Both are open back headphones with a slight bass and treble boost but the Fidelio is closer to the Sennheiser HD6x0 in overall sound signature. It's hard to explain in words but having both side by side, the Beyer is cooler and sharper.

Based on your purposes I would suggest the Fidelio X1 which is a more forgiving headphone, easier to drive and has bigger bass (for rap). Both are comfortable and well built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back