Fidelia 1.2.0 beta 2 with Headphone DSP Module and Memory Play
Jan 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

goldmbe

Head-Fier
I noticed that Fidelia 1.2.0b2 was released several days ago and has some neat new features like a 64 bit playback engine, an option to load entire files in memory before playback, and a headphone module that allows setting of crossfeed levels and speaker angle to increase soundstage. Using the 15 day trial version with my LCD-2 rev.1's with headphone processing enabled makes a really nice improvement to the LCD-2's rather lackluster soundstage. Sounds very natural to my ears unlike many other DSP effects I've tried (e.g., Dolby headphone, Redline Monitor, Ircam HEar, etc.) The latest beta version can be downloaded here:

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/support/appcast.php?titleID=15&testing=1&style=html

Anyone experience similar improvements? I have the crossfeed type set for "Most Realistic" and the amount at about 115%, and the speaker angle set at the max of 60%.

Feb 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I've been playing with this for the last hour or so and I'm impressed with both the sound quality and the new cross feed plugin. I'm going to stick with it for the next few days and see if the appeal lasts. With prior versions of Fidelia I've always ended up going back to Pure Music after a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back