Few weeks in the life of ATH-A900's.
Jan 10, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #16 of 21
art - A### = closed cans
air - AD### = open cans.

Jan 11, 2005 at 9:14 AM Post #17 of 21
Today is the day!!

ParcelForce complete the final leg of shipping for UK orders. Their site is showing 'out for delivery'
biggrin.gif

I can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2005 at 10:50 AM Post #18 of 21
"(LEAVE MY WHACK COWLICK ALONE)"

Actually I thought the cat had been licking it.
icon10.gif

Nice review though.

BTW, what's the theory behind this "loose loop" business?

Jan 11, 2005 at 2:08 PM Post #19 of 21
I just got sold on your review!

I live in Japan, so I walked down the street in my town to the local Midori denki (think Best Buy but with more rice cookers and massage chairs). These were the only high end phones sold there. I was a bit worried about their return policy when I bought them. In most electronic stores here they don't take returns on opened items unless there is something broken to begin with. I talked the manager into letting my try the fit and a few songs from my Ipod. 20,000 yen later I walked out the door.

I'm listening to them now (lst day). So far I think vocals/dialogue could be fuller, but the bass and sound clarity are very impressive to my untrained year.

Jan 11, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by infiskik
art - A### = closed cans
air - AD### = open cans.

BTW cute avatar - she's wearing AKG 271s I see!

Jan 11, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #21 of 21
glad it could help.

and thanks jahn, i dont have those cans, but it fit the board so i went with it.

Quote:

BTW, what's the theory behind this "loose loop" business?

when a cord dangles, rubs against desk, your clothes it could/would create small vibrations and add a noise to your headphones called microphonics. Well the cord on these is wrapped in fabric and make alot of microphonics. by adding this loop it creates a dampener(?) just before the cord hits the cup and stop the vibrations. it does most of it but everynow and then a particularly bad rub can add a little noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back