Few questions about speakers and configuration
Mar 29, 2011 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

radicalrev

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I currently do not have a speaker setup, but my current audio setup is : Senn HD650 > Hybrid Minimax amp > Asus Xonar STX (thru RCA).

I am planning to buy a speaker setup particularly looking at the Swan D1080MkII or the Harman Kardon SS III. (These are the 2 speaker I can easily get in Indonesia and fits my budget, both same price)

So if I would to get a speaker system and also use my STX, do I have to change the RCA plugs everytime I go from a speaker to a headphone setup? Or is there a smarter way to do this than to bend down everytime and reach over the back just to switch the cables. :frowning2:

Secondly, what do you guys think? D1080mkII or the HK SSIII? I like the HK for its simplicity, compact size, and decent SQ. D1080 of course is well known for its SQ but lack of bass and size is a little big.

Please do pardon me for my english if it doesn't make sense. :)

Thanks in advance!

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 7
no asus softtware enables u to choose the output in windows its a very good setup and very easy to switch takes 1sec

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 7
 can you plug the speaker's rca cable to 6.3mm adapter and plug it into the headphone jack? is this even safe?

i mean there is only 1 set of RCA jacks on the sound card. So i have to unplug my amp in order to plug in the speaker's rca cable right

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 7
no dont do that and why would u want to

just plug ur hd650 into the headphone slot and the speakers to the rcas

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #6 of 7
I auditioned the Swan D1080MkII's and the Audioengine A5's, as well as M-Audio B5Xa. I ended up with the Swan's, they sounded great, did were easy to hook up, and saved me money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back