Few newbie questions & recommendations
Jul 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
I reside in the US. Specifically, California.
Are we talking $300 total, or 300 for just the DAC?

A fellow Californian.
$300 total for a DAC and amp. for sure should out do the Focusrite
I would think a Schiit Modi ($99, USB input) DAC, with a Schiit Magni ($99) amp. would make sweet audio with the AKGs.
Maybe just get a Magni amp. for now, plug it into the Focusrites analog audio output.

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
A fellow Californian.
$300 total for a DAC and amp. for sure should out do the Focusrite
I would think a Schiit Modi ($99, USB input) DAC, with a Schiit Magni ($99) amp. would make sweet audio with the AKGs.
Maybe just get a Magni amp. for now, plug it into the Focusrites analog audio output.

Thanks a bunch, I'll check them out! What should I do in order to read further on why better amps are better? Also, on a side note; is there any dac/amp out there that come in a rack-mountable shape that you'd recommend? It'd help keep my studio space clutter-free. Thanks a bunch.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
Thanks a bunch, I'll check them out! What should I do in order to read further on why better amps are better? Also, on a side note; is there any dac/amp out there that come in a rack-mountable shape that you'd recommend? It'd help keep my studio space clutter-free. Thanks a bunch.

Maybe ask here about what amps work best for the K701s.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/321237/k701-appreciation-thread

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #19 of 19
For your hs80m you could get a headphone amplifier with built in pre-amp. I think the Asgaard 2 has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back