FEW INTERESTING QUESTIONS !
Feb 20, 2017 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SOULSIK

Member of the Trade: Audio Excellence
SOULSIK LAB REVIEWS

Hello, I would like to introduce myself first. I go by SOULSIK, I am a university student/underground rapper in Canada. I hope to design and make my own audio gear or music one day from my experiences ! ALSO, I have been reviewing audio and tech gear on my own social medias coined "soulsik labs" and hope to bring those reviews here on headfi ! 

Although I have my own ideas, preferences and recommendations, I do not like to force anyone to be the same. I believe everyone has different tastes and thats primarily the reason I created this post. so without further introduction, let me ask YOU few questions 

QUESTION #1. AKG K7XX vs HD6XX

Both headphones have been dropped on massdrop exclusively, K7xx more often while HD6xx only once. With that being said there are people that prefer one headphone over the other. I've seen people prefer the HD6xx much more frequently. Not very surprising since its the same popular headphone (HD650) that has been reduced in price, style and name. SO which one are you? AKG7xx or HD6xx? why?

I have used both and I have to say, I prefer the HD6XX because I love sennheiser's sound signature as well as the well defined mids. I also find the HD6xx more comfortable for my personal head 

QUESTION #2. WHICH DAP DO YOU USE

Some use phones, some use DAPs. But the real question is how does your portSoal setup look like? (photos appreciated) AND how did you decide on that setup? 

I personally use my phone or fiio e10k (the one I am testing for a review right now) with my oppo ha 2 se. I usually switch around my DAPs for reviewing purposes so I do not have a set DAP, although I like the Fiio x1 that brings you great performance for its relatively cheap price. I decided on the Oppo ha 2 se because it has the best dac 

QUESTION #3 WHAT DOES YOUR SETUP LOOK LIKE

Question explains itself ! everyone has different setup best suited to their taste. Tell me with or without pictures, what you were aiming for with your current setup and why you like it. 

Right now I personally use the HD6xx with darkvoice 336se (doing some tube rolling) connected with my oppo ha 2 se. I am doing some tube rolling and using this current setup for review purposes but I might just keep it because of how much I like it. 

Sometimes we pick certain headphones or setups just BECAUSE... or "others like it." I want to ask you these questions and answer them in my following reviews here on headfi, so that you can buy awesome items with an objective or a goal. So if you see be around reviewing here on headfi, you know what to look for in my reviews :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back