Ferrari Headphones at CES
Jan 15, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #16 of 25
Knowing Ferrari... The cable will cost 3000 dollars, the paint will cost 500 dollars, and the headband will be another few thousand.  Ferrari may be above the crowd in the automotive field, but here the competition is just as brutal and it'll have to face known top brands as a newcomer.  I predict this will be a Beats-esque product for those with more money than the average Stax owner. 

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 25

Quote:
Knowing Ferrari... The cable will cost 3000 dollars, the paint will cost 500 dollars, and the headband will be another few thousand.  Ferrari may be above the crowd in the automotive field, but here the competition is just as brutal and it'll have to face known top brands as a newcomer.  I predict this will be a Beats-esque product for those with more money than the average Stax owner. 

+1

well said.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 25
So they had a fair sized booth at CES, a Ferrari 599 on display, and a bunch of 'reps' milling around the booth, wearing some of the headphones, and seemingly zoning out/ignoring show-goers. I asked a rep if they had any demos, he wasn't sure, and then pointed to a guy walking around with the headphones on his head. Kind of turned me off. They could've really done something but all they had were some catalogs. They're nicely printed but full of poorly written crap/fluff about how their products mimic Ferrari design.

The headphones themselves are very nice, genuine leather bands, etc...

Looks to me like 95% of your money will be paying for the Ferrari brand and the 5% the actual headphones themselves. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and only comment after listening but I don't hold out high hopes as Logic3 is more known for gaming and crappy iPhone products.

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 25
Well... The cost doesn't appear to be too bad, but I doubt anything beyond poser appeal.  In the end the Ferrari owner is likely to have better taste than this.  So far zero specs have come out, so I'm still assuming very generic and actually more gaudy headphones than even the Beats by Dre or Skullcandy. I honestly fail to see any kinda niche to be filled by anyone.  

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #21 of 25
To be honest, $450 isn't that bad for the nicer looking ones. They certainly look the part. It's just a matter of if they sound good, which is quite unlikely.

Jan 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 25
Hmmm....no wonder they were slow this year.  Always a bad sign when car makers make things that aren't cars.  Surely this is to help Fiat deal w/ the bleeding you get from owning Ferrari.  

Lotus is planning on doing a clothing line and their next Elise will be 600lbs heavier.  
rolleyes.gif
  That said, the second headphone looks great.  You could use them to listen to Ferrari lose to Red Bull again.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #23 of 25
I just got mine. I went for the R200 on-ear. I have been listening to these for short periods since yesterday and i still do not believe how good they sound.  Certainly better than any Beats by Dre but i need more listening to decide how good they are.
I wasn't expecting much and i feel my mind is set on that concept and doesn't let me form an exempt opinion. 
These headphones actualy sound good. I hope someone else has the oportunity to try them and tell me if i am dreaming...

Jul 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #24 of 25
Update:

surprisingly these headphones are really great sounding, considering they are closed on ear portable headphones. Sound signature and overall performance very alike B&W P5's but at a lower price. These are truly great for portable use and i definetely would recommend them for that use.

Pros: great confort
          great sounding
          High quality of construction

Cons: high frequencies could be crisper
           Senn's HD25 1 II's are cheaper and sound better

Bottom line: if you mind looks but don't want to sacrifice a decent performance these could well fit your needs. :wink:

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #25 of 25
Update:

surprisingly these headphones are really great sounding, considering they are closed on ear portable headphones. Sound signature and overall performance very alike B&W P5's but at a lower price. These are truly great for portable use and i definetely would recommend them for that use.

Pros: great confort
          great sounding
          High quality of construction

Cons: high frequencies could be crisper
           Senn's HD25 1 II's are cheaper and sound better

Bottom line: if you mind looks but don't want to sacrifice a decent performance these could well fit your needs. :wink:

Can you try describing the sound more? >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back