Female vocalists that do "IT" for ya?
Dec 12, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #61 of 100
Wong Faye, Eva Cassidy, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, Tracy Chapman, Kate Bush, Paula Cole, Suzanne Vega, Sinead O'Connor, Sarah McLachlan, Heather Nova, Yang Nai Wen, Bjork, Ella Fitzgerald and Beth Orton

Dec 12, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #64 of 100
I'm married, so there are no female vocalists that do "IT" for me. I was amazed to read above about all the ones who are doing "IT" with head-fi members.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:54 AM Post #66 of 100
Sheila Chandra - really don't need any more reason than this but....

Sue Hutton (Rhea's Obsession)
Loreena McKennitt
Sarah Fimm (she's a bad bad girl)
kaRIN (Collide)
Azam Ali (Vas)
Lisa Gerrard
Enya
Laurel MacDonald - icey cold
Beth Quist

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #67 of 100
Sarah McLachlan
Me'Shell Ndegeocello
Erykah Badu
Beth Orton
Heather Nova
Bjork
Jem
Candy Dulfer (She's known more for her Sax, but she's heavenly on 'Right In My Soul')
Lisa Gerrard

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #68 of 100
diana krall did nothing for me on any can. but right now she's doing it for me in spades on my Wharfedales. who knew speakers would bring out such a lovely quality? i guess Diana needs the stage, literally.

Dec 16, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #69 of 100
Mine have been covered here. Well, all but one. One of the greatest blues/jazz singers alive. And that would be Diane Schuur. The latest album composed/written by Barry Manilow and Elvis Costello (I think), was not as good as the rest of hers. Not due to her, but rather to their songwriting/composing. Just boring tunes. One of her best albums was "Friends for Schuur". In it she sings about 4 or 5 songs on her own and then sings with Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, ect. The Ray Charles / Schuur combination was a "Killer Cut". It alone was worth the price of the album. A lead riff was played with an Xilaphone (spelling?) where the player actually bends the notes. I never heard this from an instrament like that before. Just simply jammin. I got all her albums from the Cincinnati Library. I buff the back of the CD with Glanz wax on a loose stiched buffing wheel arbored and belt driven by a quarter H/P motor. It does clean up the scratches. And of coarse I then run the CD thru Nero or Sonar (if I want to do things to it first) and....uh....er.....you know the rest. A big city library has thousands of cd's there, just for the picking. DVD movies too. Your public liberary can provide you with many hours of burn time, OOPS, I mean quality listening time.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back