Female Stereo Mini to RCA
Mar 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JimSmiley

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to be able to hook my Ipod (with a LOD to mini) up to an amp with RCA inputs. Anybody know of any good interconnects companies that may offer such a product?

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 8
Well places like ALO audio, qables and the like(Other MOT's) are likely to make one on a special order basis. Also there are diy cable makers that you can contact about making one.

With that said. I haven't seen any company offer a 1/8" female to rca on the market that I know of.

Mar 26, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 8
Maybe, I need an LOD to RCA?

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 8
An LOD to RCA may be a better deal in the end. I can't say that I know since it would be something you would have to decide for yourself. I know for myself I made a few cables and and if I were to make one it would depend on how practical for me since I am likely to use it for other things.

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or it might suffice forever, because it likely isn't going to cause any problems at all.

EDIT: You know, that's a 1/4" TRS jack on that part, not a mini....

Aye, but mini to 1/4" adapters are pretty ubiquitous.

And a LOD to RCA cable would be better simply because there would be fewer physical conections to come apart/corrode.

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 8
I can and have built LOD to RCA cables. I use Canare and Mogami Cable and Neutik RCA's in a variety of colors. I sell them pretty much at my cost, I just do it as a hobby for friends on Headfi. Check my feedback.

This is one that I made with a mini, I can put a LOD on the end instead.

RCA%20Lod.JPG

If anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back