Female side-entry power cord?
Aug 19, 2006 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

MayorSimpleton

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm about to upgrade my power cables with these:

http://www.russandrews.com/lookup/1/...rKord-1040.htm

Before I do, does anyone know if it's possible to get audio quality leads like these that have 'side-entry' or 'right-angled' connectors at the business end? Bit short on space, me.

Did a search, couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Pluck

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 10
OK, you're probably not meaning for me to be thinking about what the thread title made me think about.
blink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 10
Yes I was
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 10
Ditto...I was all
blink.gif

On topic though, length of the cable will not affect sound quality, and the right-angle stuff is only for reducing stress on the plug when it's bent near those spots.

Aug 19, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking for, but check these out:

PS Audio Super Punch

PS Audio Radian

They could probably make a custom cable for you with some combination of these.

That second link is very nearly what I'm after, thank you - if only it was the other way up, or rotated 45 degrees - if you know what I mean.

temp.jpg

To clarify - I have very little room to the rear of my amp, and the normal 'straight through' cable get pushed tight up against a wall. This'll be even worse with proper (thicker) audio quality cables. I'm looking for a way round this.

Pluck

Aug 19, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 10
You just could be extreme and punch a little hole through the wall. Then if you ever have to move or wtv, just spackle it over.

And yes, I am being serious.

Aug 24, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
You just could be extreme and punch a little hole through the wall. Then if you ever have to move or wtv, just spackle it over.

And yes, I am being serious.

Agreed, just take a sawzall and cut a hole in the wall for the back of the cable to stick through.(But come back out through the same hole.) It could easily repaired later with spacke and drywall tape. I've repaired holes in drywall before and it's pretty easy. Here's a link that shows how simple it is:
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/wa_dry...275863,00.html

Aug 24, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #10 of 10
Check Quail website, they have all you may think off in power cords...As per quality you may not need any further...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back