Female Head-Fi'ers?
Feb 25, 2006 at 5:37 AM Post #16 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
Not sure what everyone's afraid of? If it comes up fine, if it doesn't fine too? The PC police aren't allowed here.

But why bring it up if there's no reason to? Such things can both unite and divide. Obviously this goes case by case, but I don't see why anyone would want to go out of their way to let others know about them like that. Only if it's relevant to the topic at hand.

This is still just a website for geeks, which is pretty much universal. And please don't give me the "what's everyone afraid of?" crud. The more I hear it the less I respect the people who say it. No one's afraid of jack. We're already united by our love of hi-fi, where such things don't come really come into play often. In the end, we all just chillin' B.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

Reason might be just becasue I feel like it. If someone doesn't like it, move on to the next thread. Why try to censor anyone????

Um . . we're not?

"reason might be just because I feel like it". So you'd possibly alienate others for no reason then just cause you felt like it? Even if it has nothing or little do with anything relevant at the time? Yeah, uh huh. Do you just want attention or something? You're starting to sound like those pretzel weirdos, but worse.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

...what's with all the Red Wings guys posting here?? Any more out there?

Good thing the line in your sig says kick, some people would prefer to replace the K with an L
rs1smile.gif

Well I think while headfiers who are female only are represented in a very small number on the forum it is good to know at meets they have started to attend. Hopefully this might change their perception of headfi being a male/supergeek only forum.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #21 of 51
Hello fellow NYCer. I'm a boy and if you see some crazy looking AKGs outside, it maybe me
k1000smile.gif
I don't really see many girls in this city wearing headphones. I saw 1 girl wearing Grado's once and a japanese girl with eggos. That's about all that stood out to me. Most of the rest are ipod buds.

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

If someone wants to feel alienated, that's their problem - not mine.

Good night.

It is if you had any kind of respect or compassion for others. Or, if you're talking on a privately owned forum that caters to a niche that doesn't rely heavily on race, gender, etc.

As a whole we're all head-fiers. Just cause we're unique in who we are doesn't make us any different than other members of this site. (for the most part) At least til we get into the M's lounge, then it's case by case . .
tongue.gif

(this coming from a guy who unintentionally peeved some folks with his pretzel words; I assume most consider race, gender, political affiliation, etc. something much different than inane pretzel comments. IMO, IME, ABBA)

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
The women here are pretty much the same as us. All nine of them.

thats an optimistic number.
My guess the ladies stay low, is to prevent 50 pms of A/S/L the second they reveal their identities.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
It is if you had any kind of respect or compassion for others. Or, if you're talking on a privately owned forum that caters to a niche that doesn't rely heavily on race, gender, etc.

As a whole we're all head-fiers. At least til we get into the M's lounge, then it's case by case . .
tongue.gif

Exactly. We're from all over the world, all kinds of different walks of life. I'm sure if we were all in a room as random strangers we may not get along. But we come together on head-fi with a common interest (high-end headphone audio). That, to me at least, is all that really matters while here.

I am certain that we bleed our own interests and agendas as well, but for the most part I see it curbed.

EDIT: Also I happen to see this as a place to have fun. To relax after a day of whatever you all do that stresses you out (work, school, gf/bf, life in general). Discussing hobbies and other fun things you know?

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #25 of 51
okay, back to the girls. There were a few polls not to long back in regards to head-fiers' gender. Guys outranked gals by A LOT. This place is, and I apologize if I'm using this incorrectly, quite the "sausagefest".

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #26 of 51
I'm sure there are more females on this forum then many of us realize. Probably less than 50%, but nowhere near 9.
tongue.gif
Unfortunately there is a tendency for some members to, um, overact when they realize one of their members have breast (the natural type that develop at puberty and not the ones during a midlife crisis
tongue.gif
). And I really don't think those polls are accurate.
wink.gif

But I don't see what gender has to do with headphone preference. It's too much of a stereotype to say that females are more "stylish" and therefore chose the better looking headphones for when they go outside. If that were the case than our female population might really be only 9.
eek.gif

As many members have already mentioned this is a forum for people to come and relax and chat with others. We all come from different walks in life but are brought here by our common interest in hi-fi. Just enjoy yourself here and don't worry about putting people into neat little catagories.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #27 of 51
The last gender poll we had allowed members to see who voted for what. Sneaky sneaky, but suffice to say it backfired.

And I do recall one of the older polls having a result of only nine (active) female members.
tongue.gif
Just by random guessing, I'd say women make probably less than 10% of head-fi's citizens. We sure know how to scare em away, eh fellas?

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #28 of 51
Not a real head fi'er. I'm actually more of a lurker here. What I use: GradoSR-60 home and outside. I'm too poor to get anything better at this point. :'( I am enjoying these grados very much however and I wouldn't have known if I didn't come across here.
smily_headphones1.gif

I did see a woman w/grados before I brought mine.
biggrin.gif
That was about it.

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #29 of 51
I don't think I'd want to date a chick who is into headphones -- we'd be fighting over the Supra all the time (it only has one jack).

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #30 of 51
i'm a chick and i'm hot!!!
but just to clarify....i meant to say that i am a chick with a d--k
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back