Female harmony voice heard on Eagles: 'Take It Easy'
May 31, 2021 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JazzVinyl

Headphoneus Supremus
I hear a female harmony voice on the famous Eagles song 'Take It Easy' - she is most prominent on the "Standing on the corner of Winslow Arizona, its a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me'.

She can be heard in other harmonies but she is much much further back in the mix.

Anyone else notice this?

I know it was recorded at Olympic Studios in London. I can find no credit for the female voice heard in this song.
Also noted: the double time banjo in this song, greatly enhances the rhythmic groove to this song.

May 31, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 2
I hear a female harmony voice on the famous Eagles song 'Take It Easy' - she is most prominent on the "Standing on the corner of Winslow Arizona, its a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford slowing down to take a look at me'.

She can be heard in other harmonies but she is much much further back in the mix.

Anyone else notice this?

I know it was recorded at Olympic Studios in London. I can find no credit for the female voice heard in this song.
Also noted: the double time banjo in this song, greatly enhances the rhythmic groove to this song.
I'm thinking this wikipedia posting answers your question.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_It_Easy

"The song was recorded at the Olympic Studios in London with producer Glyn Johns. Glenn Frey sings the lead vocal on the Eagles recording of "Take It Easy". Bass player Randy Meisner sings the harmony vocal in the beginning of the second verse with Frey, but drummer Don Henley sings harmony at the end of the verse ("Though we will never be here again...).[10"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back