Fellow Ripperologists, check this out
Apr 6, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No one was killed in the pub itself. What about tourists visiting dungeon chambers in old castles where people were tortured and murdered? It's no weirder, perhaps less so because Ripperologists are people still trying to figure out who did it so it has its purpose.

I understand, I think what makes it strange in my opinion was it was a single murder in that location that made it famous. Whereas attrocities can be more complex. I now when I visited the site of where a concentration camp was in Germany I felt really depressed. It's amazing, as if I hadn't know what had happened in the area I could have been playing a game of cricket there and drinking a few beers. I think my point was more in a light hearted way addressing the oddities of people wishing to visit certain site because of the attrocity(ies) that occured there (which of course includes me).

Apr 6, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand, I think what makes it strange in my opinion was it was a single murder in that location that made it famous.

It is the mystery and brutality of it.

Apr 6, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some people are born with a morbid fascination/curiosity, i certainly was, i enjoy reading about true crime and all the trimmings that that entrails

I'm the same way. I don't watch CSI on TV, I watch those real case murder shows instead because I find them more interesting than an unrealistic fake show about fake murders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back