Fellow Newbs, tell me about your wallet!
May 19, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #76 of 100
Well within a week since becoming a member, i bought the Shure SE210's and upgraded to the E500's... needless to say my wallet is hurting, the problem is i just came here looking for reviews for the Vibes lol

May 19, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #77 of 100
SR-125 > RS-2 (1 month after joining)
---->W1000 (4 months)
nothing > DIY CKKIII (3 months)
onboard audio > DIY USB DAC (4 months)
coming up... Maybe an Aikido or Bijou

May 19, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #78 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by driguez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well within a week since becoming a member, i bought the Shure SE210's and upgraded to the E500's... needless to say my wallet is hurting, the problem is i just came here looking for reviews for the Vibes lol

ROFLMAO

Im not that bad .. but It also was the Vibes that got me here.

In any case

Pre Head Fi

Audigy 1
Audigy 2ZS + Koss Porta Pro 2
Microsoft Zune

Post Head Fi (In the Space of 2 Weeks)

Zune Premium IEM's (They suck: Being returned today) $42.00

Vmoda Vibes (version 1 with the hole in it) Got lost in the mail. Heres to hoping it will get back to me. $56.00

Shure E3C Got it today $85.00

And i have an ill feeling ill be buying those CrossRoads MylarOne X3's ive been hearing about. 57.00

Cheers

May 19, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #79 of 100
I had slowly worked my way up to Ety ER6s and Grado SR-80s, and was pretty happy, and then someone gave me an iPod for my birthday. That was a step backwards, sound-wise, from the nice big 1st generation MP3 player I had, and so I started thinking how to upgrade, taking what I think is an obvious path: ER4P, which didn't work, then a GoVibe 5 amp, which was an improvement when combined with an ALO dock.

Of course, then I got the fever, wondering where I could take this, since I'm starting to understand where it could lead,and currently I'm stuck: do I get AKG K701s or Ultrasone 750s and go into a holding pattern? or do I just jump right to the end, and get Ultrasone Edition 9s? The right answer is bite down hard and get the Edition 9s, and then build a system backwards from that, but it's a LOT of money, and I sort of have it now, but I don't want to do it, and. . . . . well, you get the idea.......

May 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #80 of 100
Bought HD555s, K81DJs, KSC75s, X-Fi
Recently bought HD580s and a Go-Vibe V5

May 20, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #81 of 100
images

Tell us about
your mother...

May 20, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #82 of 100
before headfi, grado sr-124. 1 month before headfi, bose tri-port iem. after returning bose and looking for something good and more comfortable. joined head-fi. purchase ety er4p, bought super pro 5, returned ety er4p, bought akg 701, returned super pro 5. bought ety er4p, (really tried to like this headphone) bought stax sr-001 mk2. bought govibe v5s. bought stax 2050 basic system. returned ety er4p. bought ety er6s (like better than er4p). bought ad 8010/8020. contemplating x-fi mod. lets see ive been a member for 4 months. i like everything i have right now, maybe i should use a parental blocker on head fi so i dont buy anything else!
blink.gif

May 20, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #83 of 100
Oh, but i really, really want to try stax 007t, omega II headphone, and maybe denon ad2000!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 20, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #84 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe i should use a parental blocker on head fi so i dont buy anything else!
blink.gif

great idea!!!! .... my wallet its going kaput
frown.gif
icon10.gif

btw i think im done with upgrading, even though i think im getting the Mylars, oh and also an amp.. oh wait i also want to try the ER4's lol.... but in all seriousness i been thinking about an amp, so there goes more $

May 20, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #85 of 100
Let's see. I got my Zen Vision: M last year. Since I haven't travelled much and since my commute to work is only a block, I never felt the need to do anything. My only "serious" pair of headphone, - and you will make fun of me for this - for the last two years have been Sony MDR V300. HA. Hey, it was a birthday present for me from my sisters who go to Cal. And they don't have a job.

So I was listening to these two bowls of uncomfortable, weak, cheap, ill-constructed pair at night and guess what? They finally gave up.

So two weeks ago, I started looking for headphones. I needed a good pair. I was, at first just shopping for IEMs, for the versatility. I need something I can take on 15 hour trips to Fiji/Australia (including short trips fto Arizon, Vegas, Texas for seminars, etc.)as well as something that would work at home with my PC or go out for a run with or walk to work listening to.

I started with the lower end stuff. But I knew true performance wasn't going to be found in Sony. Well at least not if I wanted to keep them for a long time. Not with IEMs. So I began my quest for replacement headphones. I noticed that I was starting to justify spending upwards of 200USD on IEMs. I looked at Shure, Etymotic Research, Ultimate Ears, V Moda, Sennheiser, and JAYS. Then for some wierd reason, I started looking at cans.

Sennheiser, Grado, Beyerdynamic, and the likes. I thought about the Sony 7506s as well. I hear they are great headphones and don't cost anywhere near as much as they should be.

So I was looking and on Monday morning last week, I discovered this site. I started reading up on HPs. By Monday afternoon, I had already purchased the HD 650. (yes I called in sick on Monday and Tuesday - I get paid salary, lucky me) On Tuesday, I was already obsessing about Music. I emptied my HD on my PC and ripped all my songs all over at 320kbps.

I then synced all the tracks to my Zen VM. Within that hour, I placed an order for Westone UM2, Tomahawk Amp, Silvercab LOD and Silvercab 6.3 to 3.5 adapter on qables.com.

Yesterday, I placed an order for Cardas 10ft cables for my HD 650 that I still don't have yet(it's coming in through expedited shipping).

I'm currently looking at over 1300USD in a hobby that I seriously started indulging in a week ago. I am waiting for tomorrow when all the stuff gets delivered to my work so I can bring it home with me at lunch time and spend an hour crapping my pants like a lucky person on christmas morning.

I already plan upgrading from Cardas to either Zu Mobius or Equinox cables if I absolutely need to. Thats almost another 200-400USD. And probably next year, getting a better setup for Home.

Not bad for a mechanic, is it? Lucky me. I really got bit by the bug. But that's just how I am with all of my hobbies. I hope this one sticks. To think I started out searching for a replacement for my MDR V300. I could've just spent 30USD and just bought a decent Sennheiser IEMs, but then we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?

Peace to all.

May 20, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #86 of 100
Compared to those of the rest of the newb crowd, my acquisitions have been fairly modest.

Pre-Join
- Shure E2c ($98)
- fifth-generation 30GB iPod ($314)

Post-Join
- JVC FX33 (two pairs, one given away, $18 each)
- Shure E4c ($183)

Happily, my wallet hasn't been crushed that much. I've gotten some fashion of discount on everything but the E2cs.

May 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #87 of 100
Koss PRO4AAT w/ XFI Elite Pro-->cmoy-->K501(returned)-->shure e4c--->K501+pimeta--->ER4S-->K1000 w/ firstwatt clone+Onkyo CDP, modded XFI elite pro

i figured why waste my time/money looking at stuff in the middle
k1000smile.gif

May 20, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #88 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made the same jump not to long ago. By far best money i've spent since my grado sr-225s.

Which output were you guys using?

I have mine flashed to a prodigy with an Entech Number Cruncher DAC. Am I right to assume upgrading to an Emu card would hardly be worth it?

May 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #89 of 100
Joined February 2007

before head-fi:
mx500 (not used)

after head-fi:
1. HD580 ($130) + Grilles, Paint, Nylon, 650cable (~$50)
2. C&C v2 ($99)
3. Cowon D2 4GB ($219) + Extras ($50)
4. Cardas HP1 ($27) [SOLD]+ HeadRoom complete HeadCase ($39)
5. Crossroads M3 ($57) [GIFTED] + UE UFitKit($9) [GIFTED]
6. 9' Equinox ($180)
7. 3' HGA Ag IC ($46)
8. HD580 ($110) + Grilles ($20) [GIFTED]

Grand total: $1036 (DAMN IT!)
Sold: $15
Gifted: $196
Kept: $825 (thatsokright?)

May 21, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #90 of 100
Pre Head-fi:
Grado SR-60
Audigy 2 ZS