Feliks Audio Expressivo impressions
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

inthere

Headphoneus Supremus
 I was going about my business listening to all the goodies at Can Jam London 2015 when I stopped at the Beyerdynamic table. Listened to the new T1 mkii and it sounded pretty good, So did the T5P and others, as expected. Then I got to the DT1770. WOW WOW WOW. Before I lost all sanity, I decided to hook it up to my Cayin C5 to see how it sounded on a normal portable amp. Ok, still nice but not mind blowing. Then I hooked it up to the other amps there, can't remember what they were, but I know Beyerdynamic didn't have their top headphones on crap amps. 

Pretty much the same thing-great sound sure but not fireworks sensational.

I looked at the 1st amp.............tube, very cool looking. Feliks Audio. I asked the Beyerdynamic rep about it and he said Feliks Audio weren't actually a presenter at Can Jam and he'd just brought it. So I took photos of it and noted the name, then Googled it of course. Found the site http://www.feliksaudio.pl/en and saw it-the Expressivo, and ordered it immediately. 

Got it and it sounded awesome with the stock tubes to the point where I-a tube rolling addict, had a hard time trying to even imagine it sounding better. 

For a laugh, I decided to bring it to a club where I DJ'd. Hooked it up after the mixer and BAM, instant magic. Club owner wanted to buy it from me at sound check. I told him to beat it, get it from the web site, it's cheap. At the party that night, the club sounded like pure sex; harshness in the highs were gone, mids and reverbs became magical, and the bass was warm as a fur coat. 

I am so impressed with this thing I don't know what to do. I see there's a pretty long Elise thread, which I'd never heard of until I found the Expressivo, so I'm starting one. This is one nice tube amp.

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Too bad there isn't more conversation about this amp. Its half the Elise's price and, from what little there is about it online, I haven't read any negatives about the Expressivo.

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 3
This is one of the most underrated amps I've seen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back