Feliks Audio ENVY
May 2, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #6,796 of 7,077
I think I misunderstood. I would like to have the TM300B logo facing in front when put into the Envy.

I contacted Thomas about it, but he refused for a single or for a few orders.
Who would be in?

(Using the Feliks Envy logo would bring some copyright issues.)
The window to order the TM, with any logo alignment, closed a couple of days ago.

I have had my TM for close to a year. They are amazing and they are all I need.

May 2, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #6,797 of 7,077
I got the Holo May KTE and an Innuos ZENith last week and they've transformed this amp for me. Ordered some WE300Bs today. Very excite!

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #6,798 of 7,077
I have the zenith as well,great product...same setup as you except I have the dave/blu2

May 2, 2024 at 11:15 PM Post #6,799 of 7,077
In regards to the Sol P and Envy, wondering which gain setting is everyone using? Also, how high did you have to get on the volume pot? I noticed if I go above 10 o’clock I start getting a bit of distortion. 12 o’clock super apparent. This is zero issue with Susvara as I can’t crank them up that high but sometimes I reach these with more sensitive headphones.

May 3, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #6,800 of 7,077
In regards to the Sol P and Envy, wondering which gain setting is everyone using? Also, how high did you have to get on the volume pot? I noticed if I go above 10 o’clock I start getting a bit of distortion. 12 o’clock super apparent. This is zero issue with Susvara as I can’t crank them up that high but sometimes I reach these with more sensitive headphones.
The Solitaire P is highly sensitive, low gain is the option that should be used.

May 3, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #6,801 of 7,077
With Rockna Wavelight to XLR input I need to go up to 10 in low gain. No distortion.
In mid gain 9 is already too loud for me. However, I like the sound better in mid gain. It is more energetic. In low gain it is smoother.
(PsVane + ErlogMO)
But it is all brand new experience, can change later.

@ThanatosVI : Elite needs only 9 o'clock in low gain.

May 3, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #6,802 of 7,077
Sylvania 6sn7w are exceptional with We300b on Envy with Susvara. Second day in, Sus never sounded that good. Excited to try Brimars, that are on the way, but doubt it can get any better with driver tubes, sheesh.

May 3, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #6,803 of 7,077
Unfortunately I wasn't lucky and my amplifier will be delayed by 2 days.
Monday is now the estimated delivery.

#feelsbadman

May 3, 2024 at 6:36 AM Post #6,804 of 7,077
Sylvania 6sn7w are exceptional with We300b on Envy with Susvara. Second day in, Sus never sounded that good. Excited to try Brimars, that are on the way, but doubt it can get any better with driver tubes, sheesh.
I also discovered this pairing recently and i am liking it more than with the Melz.
Also my Verite Closed never sounded that good, so much that they are getting 100% of the listening time In the last week.

May 3, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #6,805 of 7,077
I also discovered this pairing recently and i am liking it more than with the Melz.
Also my Verite Closed never sounded that good, so much that they are getting 100% of the listening time In the last week.
Have to try it with my Verite Open and Atrium Closed yet. But sheesh Susvara does slam with this combo, finally so damn good for stoner rock and metal, it really lacked in heavy genres with RCA Grey Glass and my Fivres

May 3, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #6,806 of 7,077
Have to try it with my Verite Open and Atrium Closed yet. But sheesh Susvara does slam with this combo, finally so damn good for stoner rock and metal, it really lacked in heavy genres with RCA Grey Glass and my Fivres
Do you have a link to the Sylvanias? There seem to be a few variants.

I have some Ked Rad Black Beauty incoming as well although I can't listen to them yet as I sold my DAC.

Soon though.

May 3, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #6,807 of 7,077
Do you have a link to the Sylvanias? There seem to be a few variants.

I have some Ked Rad Black Beauty incoming as well although I can't listen to them yet as I sold my DAC.

Soon though.
I have this variant:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/166578728149?itmmeta=01HWZ2BJJ17BQ1X76JKPWJW43S&hash=item26c8ddacd5:g:kCwAAOSwa9NlvIYH&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA4Eb4K6KC6s2HgpXrKvWA/XFQMjCoQZiYZFKofmbjveQfS3eH36WQf2fWGsVfbONZ00OrBIuUBoQ2GQ3upPqfNnz0/q0jjVdIc0ptblihPXJXBTBoRzyHzPmaU1apWxSo+OcwUZp0TuVJvNP41l9IbyPOryBUpZbhEP3EKJKyuth0DuCS4AC3RO0261Ok39QQwl9kTjaK1nRh2FAAKQSzQvjblr+I5ISHinZF0HJAqJg+N9nZVSybQAy1pZ8UZwJubl0/cvLHCOWQqu0/xKGfdn4v4xZpwa7zkfDFYJN9kbko|tkp:BFBMjKmu4udj

(which is insanely overpriced there imho, so would search elsewhere, too many scalpers)

The GT / GTA variants sound differently from W and each of them sound different too from what I know.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #6,808 of 7,077
Thanks

May 3, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #6,809 of 7,077
My Envy is on the way back to me due to the very slight hum that I was hearing and as promised, I wanted to provide an update.

The tech said that when he put my Envy on the bench, he heard higher than typical hum. This is odd too because as I stated, I could only hear the hum if I put my ear very close to the black cover. I could only hear the hum through the headphones with sensitive headphones on MED and HI but not on LO gain. I couldn't hear the hum with music playing. I'm surprised the tech found the hum to be higher than usual. He replaced the transformer and said that it is much quieter. Upscale provided a photo of the scope where the first half of the scan was before replacing the transformer and the second half was after transformer replacement. It looks to be quieter based on the photo that they sent by 6 dB on average which should be noticeable. The tech also said that it is much quieter in test use and not just on the scope.

I spoke to Lukasz because I wanted to know what is different if anything about the new transformers that would cause them not to hum versus the original transformer. I also wanted to know if the new transformer was still made by EDIS. Lukasz' answer is below in quotes.

"Thanks for your note and happy to hear from you. Yes we have a new power trafo that we install in certain heavy hum situations - as this is a completely different type of trafo (toroid in this case) the change is not a simple swap and requires bit of work, so it only makes sense if the hum is beyond the standard acceptable level. They are not made by EDIS this time but another respectable Polish manufacturer".

I've heard that toroid transformers are quieter and I'm assuming that Feliks doesn't use them to begin with is due to the work required to implement them based on his email response. Hopefully all is well when I receive my Envy on Monday if the shipment remains on time.

I will update the group when I get a chance to listen.

May 3, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #6,810 of 7,077
My Envy is on the way back to me due to the very slight hum that I was hearing and as promised, I wanted to provide an update.

The tech said that when he put my Envy on the bench, he heard higher than typical hum. This is odd too because as I stated, I could only hear the hum if I put my ear very close to the black cover. I could only hear the hum through the headphones with sensitive headphones on MED and HI but not on LO gain. I couldn't hear the hum with music playing. I'm surprised the tech found the hum to be higher than usual. He replaced the transformer and said that it is much quieter. Upscale provided a photo of the scope where the first half of the scan was before replacing the transformer and the second half was after transformer replacement. It looks to be quieter based on the photo that they sent by 6 dB on average which should be noticeable. The tech also said that it is much quieter in test use and not just on the scope.

I spoke to Lukasz because I wanted to know what is different if anything about the new transformers that would cause them not to hum versus the original transformer. I also wanted to know if the new transformer was still made by EDIS. Lukasz' answer is below in quotes.

"Thanks for your note and happy to hear from you. Yes we have a new power trafo that we install in certain heavy hum situations - as this is a completely different type of trafo (toroid in this case) the change is not a simple swap and requires bit of work, so it only makes sense if the hum is beyond the standard acceptable level. They are not made by EDIS this time but another respectable Polish manufacturer".

I've heard that toroid transformers are quieter and I'm assuming that Feliks doesn't use them to begin with is due to the work required to implement them based on his email response. Hopefully all is well when I receive my Envy on Monday if the shipment remains on time.

I will update the group when I get a chance to listen.
Interesting, that means that not every Envy is identical but those who had humming issues might have different power transformers now 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back