Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #5,941 of 6,873
such a great looking amp...where do you get the stand?

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #5,942 of 6,873
such a great looking amp...where do you get the stand?
Had a local woodworker make it out of Walnut. Initially was going to make a isolation platform out of it but I didn't hear much of a difference when I added isolation feet. Also, paranoid I am goin to stain my walnut desk which I have done before with Vibrapods.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #5,943 of 6,873
I'm still reading through this thread and have yet to come across anyone posting that they've come from the WA33 over to the Envy--has anyone?
My friend went the opposite way, from Envy (with Elrogs) to WA33. He has 1266 and Susvara, if that helps. I liked the Envy, it is a good amp for the price, but you can get better with easier to drive headphones.

Mar 20, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #5,944 of 6,873
My friend went the opposite way, from Envy (with Elrogs) to WA33. He has 1266 and Susvara, if that helps. I liked the Envy, it is a good amp for the price, but you can get better with easier to drive headphones.
And what would be the "better" amps one could get?

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #5,945 of 6,873
And what would be the "better" amps one could get?
Depending on your headphones, i liked the Songolo over the stock Envy (with Elrogs and Psvane) , at least with Audio Technica, more magic to the sound :) I can imagine it can be a completely different perseption with something like Susvara, that Songolo couldn't cope with (power wise) but Utopia OG or my headphones were noticeable better via the Songolo.

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:49 PM Post #5,946 of 6,873
Depending on your headphones, i liked the Songolo over the stock Envy (with Elrogs and Psvane) , at least with Audio Technica, more magic to the sound :) I can imagine it can be a completely different perseption with something like Susvara, that Songolo couldn't cope with (power wise) but Utopia OG or my headphones were noticeable better via the Songolo.
The Envy with Elrogs paired with Sus and Tunsten DS work very well for these notoriously hard to drive hp. I don't doubt there are better amps but since these are my 2 primary hp I'll stay with the Envy and keep the hp I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #5,947 of 6,873
Thanks for your reply.
I don't intend to part with my WA33 at all because I do love its synergy with my chain--just want a change of pace and hear how the Envy's synergy with my chain and headphones. Maybe I'll pick up another Susvara as well.

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:51 AM Post #5,948 of 6,873
I hope your friend is not living anywhere that is governed by European legislation. These products must carry the CE Mark in order to be freely traded in Europe, the CE Mark is a sign that they comply with European health, safety and environmental protection standards. Woo Audio refused to have their products certified with the CE Mark and therefore anyone trading Woo Audio products in Europe is working illegally. The Envy fully complies with this legislation, is made in Europe, and is a fine sounding amplifier, and maybe that is why most of us this side of the Pond prefer the Envy.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #5,949 of 6,873
I hope your friend is not living anywhere that is governed by European legislation. These products must carry the CE Mark in order to be freely traded in Europe, the CE Mark is a sign that they comply with European health, safety and environmental protection standards. Woo Audio refused to have their products certified with the CE Mark and therefore anyone trading Woo Audio products in Europe is working illegally. The Envy fully complies with this legislation, is made in Europe, and is a fine sounding amplifier, and maybe that is why most of us this side of the Pond prefer the Envy.
Products with such small production quantities, are often considered bespoke designs and often don’t have CE. Legally it’s a grey zone. I am sure apart of few regulations fanatics most people make their choice based on sound preference, not the CE mark.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #5,950 of 6,873
Products with such small production quantities, are often considered bespoke designs and often don’t have CE. Legally it’s a grey zone.
Interesting, I didn’t know that. I was told, using a very highly improbable example, that if I used a Woo Audio amplifier in Germany and it was implicated as being the reason my apartment block burnt to the ground (I did say highly improbable) then the Insurance Company would not pay out, and the dealer responsible for selling it to me could be held legally responsible.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #5,951 of 6,873
We have plenty of US / European made products sold by European vendors that miss the CE mark. Plenty of headphones like ZMF for example or cables made by European artisans. Usually it’s bigger companies that go the lengths to get CE certificate like Cayin.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #5,952 of 6,873
On this side of the pond Woo Audio is just so hard to get. There are basically no dealers for it, potentially due to the CE Mark thing.
And shipping a 30kg amplifier across the pond for repairs as a private Person is quite the horror scenario.

In a time before the Envy I did consider the Wa33 myself, but there just never was an opportunity for it.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #5,953 of 6,873
We have plenty of US / European made products sold by European vendors that miss the CE mark. Plenty of headphones like ZMF for example or cables made by European artisans. Usually it’s bigger companies that go the lengths to get CE certificate like Cayin.
But is that not because headphones and cables are not ‘electrical’ in the sense they are not connected directly to or using mains power?

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #5,954 of 6,873
On this side of the pond Woo Audio is just so hard to get. There are basically no dealers for it, potentially due to the CE Mark thing.
And shipping a 30kg amplifier across the pond for repairs as a private Person is quite the horror scenario.

In a time before the Envy I did consider the Wa33 myself, but there just never was an opportunity for it.
I also had the Woo23 on my shortlist until I discovered the CE Mark issue and the thought of having to ship it across the pond with the various costs, exchange rates, VAT declarations etc. It’s a much easier life ordering an Envy from Thomas.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #5,955 of 6,873
But is that not because headphones and cables are not ‘electrical’ in the sense they are not connected directly to or using mains power?
Every mass produced cable on Amazon will come with CE sign. As long as there is current there is the requirement and as you said yourself CE is not only about electrical safety but environmental regulations too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back