Feliks Audio ENVY
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #5,851 of 7,292
I'm getting Holo May KTE too for my upcoming Envy AE. Fingers crossed it'll be a good pairings because it's a blind buy 😂
Last time I try Rockna WaveDream Signature SE and Bartok Apex on Envy performance using Caldera and I prefer Rockna.

I owned both may kte and wavedrean edition at the same time to a/b test and rockna is a better dac. The may might be better than those chord tt2 or dave in my personal opinion,but when put side by side to compare with rockna it is a boring dac. Even the standard version is better than may, signature is absolutely a different level than both.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #5,852 of 7,292
I owned both may kte and wavedrean edition at the same time to a/b test and rockna is a better dac. The may might be better than those chord tt2 or dave in my personal opinion,but when put side by side to compare with rockna it is a boring dac. Even the standard version is better than may, signature is absolutely a different level than both.
Well I guess that's normal because it's 3 times the price of May KTE 😂
Need to save some money for now and maybe get those wavedream later. For now I want to spend the money for another things like getting a new power/driver tube or another HP than to go all out on the DAC 😁
So many people suggest to grab TT2 instead but I prefer May KTE because I'm looking for a balanced DAC.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #5,854 of 7,292
I would advise you listen to quite a few more DACs to gain a real reference. But as long as you are happy.
Thanks @paradoxper
I sure there are many better DAC's on the market but I am fine with the Dave and really don't want to demo DAC's.
I like the Chord sound and the Dave and M Scaler work well for me and my ears.
This hobby can become a part time job if you let it and then there is the 'did I get the right one?' question.

Or I suppose I could buy this :upside_down:

Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 11.59.02 PM.png

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #5,856 of 7,292
Really, are all 25 sold already? That was fast. There appear to be at least two dealers selling them. One is in Europe and the other here in the USA.
I haven't checked recently but last I saw the US one still had preorders available.

Mar 17, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #5,857 of 7,292
Mar 17, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #5,858 of 7,292
I am sure the upgraded envy is enhanced but I wonder how much of the difference is the elrog which is an enormous improvement over the stock tubes included with the original envy?

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #5,859 of 7,292
I am sure the upgraded envy is enhanced but I wonder how much of the difference is the elrog which is an enormous improvement over the stock tubes included with the original envy?
Hard to say with upgraded transformers and caps coming into play. I know from experience that all the 3 versions of the Elrogs have been huge step up in my Envy.
I am not a fan of the piano black chassis so that makes the decision a lot easier.
I figure after selling my Envy, and maybe the ER that come with the AE, I'm still looking at $10K to make it happen.

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #5,860 of 7,292
I figure after selling my Envy, and maybe the ER that come with the AE, I'm still looking at $10K to make it happen.
Yeah, after selling Envy + ER, I still have to invest 9k

I sure hope the difference is noteable to me. However knowing Feliks Audio I trust that it will be

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #5,862 of 7,292
Yeah, after selling Envy + ER, I still have to invest 9k

I sure hope the difference is noteable to me. However knowing Feliks Audio I trust that it will be
Is there any possibility that since there will only be 25 EAs that they will hold their value for resale if needed as a numbered collector’s piece? The 7-8K additional cost is not likely to be reflected in the overall SQ despite the upgrades. I already reached out to Lukasz about putting the EA in a wood enclosure as I too like the wood but this is not possible.

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #5,863 of 7,292
Is there any possibility that since there will only be 25 EAs that they will hold their value for resale if needed as a numbered collector’s piece? The 7-8K additional cost is not likely to be reflected in the overall SQ despite the upgrades. I already reached out to Lukasz about putting the EA in a wood enclosure as I too like the wood but this is not possible.
Well they will certainly hold their value unless they were to do an "Envy Evo" kind of amplifier.

As long as the transformer upgrades stay unique to the AE I think they will hold their value but if there will be another Envy in between performance and AE I think the value will fall dramatically.

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #5,864 of 7,292
my guess is in time they will like every other high end offering see their value decline...but that isnt why you buy it I dont think..would I like to have it,surely wood...would I pony up 20k for it which is what it costs after tax ,nope...I am sure those who buy it will love it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back