Feliks Audio ENVY
Oct 14, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #4,501 of 7,128
Good advice, thanks! Indeed - I'm trying to focus on enjoying the music more rather than thinking about the next upgrade. Seems performance is definitely a better starting place if I'm not going to tube roll.
@AcousticMatt TBH you will want to roll tubes at some point and posts on headfi will not help you to keep you away from it :wink: At the same time the waiting time for some new tubes maybe in months units you need something to start with. Talk to your dealer if he can offer you a different, better set of tubes - sometimes it is possible.

Oct 14, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #4,502 of 7,128
@AcousticMatt TBH you will want to roll tubes at some point and posts on headfi will not help you to keep you away from it :wink: At the same time the waiting time for some new tubes maybe in months units you need something to start with. Talk to your dealer if he can offer you a different, better set of tubes - sometimes it is possible.
Haha - I know. I've been reading and I'm already thinking.... alright, maybe I could tube roll sooner than later. But, gotta have some limits for my sanity there. Can't wait to hear the Performance with my headphones this coming week.

Oct 14, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #4,504 of 7,128
1 word @AcousticMatt ...............ELROG:sunglasses:
I am inevitable.gif

Oct 15, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #4,506 of 7,128
This never gets old
Anybody know what a used walnut Envy with only about 50 hours on it is worth? Thinking of selling mine to fund some other life stuff.
Since you don't really get discounts on the Envy and the queue is long, it should sell for nearly full price if you're lucky.

Why would someone sell the best amp in existence tho?!

Oct 15, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #4,507 of 7,128
This never gets old

Since you don't really get discounts on the Envy and the queue is long, it should sell for nearly full price if you're lucky.

Why would someone sell the best amp in existence tho?!
got to buy something else....realizing cars are still my favorite passion and need money for a large downpayment on a gt3 RS

Oct 15, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #4,508 of 7,128
Anybody know what a used walnut Envy with only about 50 hours on it is worth? Thinking of selling mine to fund some other life stuff.
I bought my used Walnut in February for $5900, but I think the price of new ones may have gone up since then so maybe used prices have too. I know someone on here bought new recently and had it within a couple weeks so I don't think it's takng months to get them anymore.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:04 PM Post #4,509 of 7,128
there is a standard edition envy for sale in the classifieds for $5800. i have tinkered with the idea of an envy but previously owned and sold a 300B eddie current amp. i loved the sound but hated the hassle and expense of tubes. solid state is just so easy to use.

Oct 15, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #4,511 of 7,128
Haha - I know. I've been reading and I'm already thinking.... alright, maybe I could tube roll sooner than later. But, gotta have some limits for my sanity there. Can't wait to hear the Performance with my headphones this coming week.
I thought the same but the full music are amazing take your time and enjoy the music 🙌🏼

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #4,512 of 7,128
Oct 16, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #4,513 of 7,128
Just switch MO for TM though :wink:

I need to try the MO again. It has been a while riding dirty with the TM ....

Attachments

• I_am_inevitable_TM.gif
    I_am_inevitable_TM.gif
    148.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #4,514 of 7,128
I found the Telefunken G73-R to be noticably quieter than other tubes but they sounded superb to be. Very detailed but not harsh. Melz are detail kings and I like them a lot too but could be a bit much sometimes. Paired with MO you had ultimate detail but could be a little bright.

I am selling my MOs as I want to try some TMs but the cost is pretty high + import tax to the UK so it will take me a while.

I am using the stock FM 300bs in the mean time and they actually pair really well with the Quad brimars and Brimar CV1988s.

The Quads add quite a bit of detail but it's a warmer, meatier presentation. I like it quite a bit. Certainly happy while I wait for the TMs. I think you would like that combination @WATASHIWA

Shame the quads look like this...

It looks like you've left some milk bottles out for the Milkman to collect. 16964860570628130803646038357506.jpg
where do you find yourself on the dial with susvara?

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #4,515 of 7,128
where do you find yourself on the dial with susvara?
About 10pm on High Gain but the Bartok is only set to 2V. I can set it to 6V then the dial would be lower.

I'm also using Roon Volume Levelling. It probably sounds a touch better with that turned off in Roon and to use the Envy dial for volume. Its just more convenient that way though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back