Feliks Audio ENVY
Aug 30, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #4,336 of 7,322
Personally I recommend buying the Cayin Ha-300 mk2 via ZMF. For some reason they sell it ridiculously cheap at 3600 + tax/customs

Are they the only options for top tier 300B HPAs in the UK/Europe?

I did speak with LTA about 300B and they mentioned they were making one, but I don't know if that was for HPA, Pre-Amp, Integrated or Power Amp.

Aug 30, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #4,337 of 7,322
Are they the only options for top tier 300B HPAs in the UK/Europe?

I did speak with LTA about 300B and they mentioned they were making one, but I don't know if that was for HPA, Pre-Amp, Integrated or Power Amp.
Of course not. There are plenty, if you don't mind importing.
Here is a thread dedicated to them
300B amps

Interesting news about LTA. Not that I need another amp with my Envy but nice to see growing selection

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #4,338 of 7,322
Of course not. There are plenty, if you don't mind importing.
Here is a thread dedicated to them
300B amps

Interesting news about LTA. Not that I need another amp with my Envy but nice to see growing selection

Is there a 'go to' set of tubes for Envy? Like GEC A2900 and Melz 1578 for LTA MZ3?

I have to say that I was super impressed with Envy at CanJam. I think I'd struggle to decide between Walnut and Oak finish.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:13 AM Post #4,339 of 7,322
Is there a 'go to' set of tubes for Envy? Like GEC A2900 and Melz 1578 for LTA MZ3?

I have to say that I was super impressed with Envy at CanJam. I think I'd struggle to decide between Walnut and Oak finish.
Elrog ER300B is like the most recommend Power tube.
For drivers it's a bigger selection but the Melz 1578 are often recommended here as well.

If you like oak and walnut equally, go for oak and save 200 bucks

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,340 of 7,322
I have a performance in walnut for sale. Purchased in March. I have some driver tubes that are included. Also have Elrog ERs that I could include for a little more. I know some don’t like the full music tubes so I could keep those and just sell the amp with the Elrogs. If interested, hit me up.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #4,341 of 7,322
I tried Elrog ER300B-Mo yesterday

DSC_0493.jpg

in comparison with Full Music 300B:

- more flat sound
- brighter and more sharp sound
- loss of resolution, details,
- degradation of layering and instrument separation

What I did wrong? Tubes are around 30 hours of burn-in time.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #4,342 of 7,322
I tried Elrog ER300B-Mo yesrteday.

DSC_0493.jpg

- more flat sound
- more bright and more sharp sound
- loss of reolsution, details,

I haven't heard the FM 300B but this sounds nothing like my take on the MO or ER for that matter. I never used the stock drivers provided with the Envy so perhaps its driver / Elrogs? It sure seems odd but many others here also use the MO in their Envy and will chime in.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #4,345 of 7,322
I tried Elrog ER300B-Mo yesterday

DSC_0493.jpg

- more flat sound
- more bright and more sharp sound
- loss of resolution, details,

My impression after changing from Full Music to ER300B-Mo half a year ago:
- more highs
- more bass
- more details,
- more of everything
- drums hit like hammer

Since then this hammer thing milded a bit.

It was so difficult to plug it in that I have not been brave enough to remove it since. Not that I feel the need.

All this with the standard PsVane driver tube.

What socket saver are you using?

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #4,347 of 7,322
My impression after changing from Full Music to ER300B-Mo half a year ago:
- more highs
- more bass
- more details,
- more of everything
- drums hit like hammer

Since then this hammer thing milded a bit.

It was so difficult to plug it in that I have not been brave enough to remove it since. Not that I feel the need.

All this with the standard PsVane driver tube.

What socket saver are you using?
I use socket savers from Deyan. They are very smooth.

Aug 31, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #4,348 of 7,322
No idea. I will check if anything is written on them.
The amp and tubes are not mine)
My mistake. I have noticed that I was seeing my Envy mostly from above. The nice long black neck is part of the the Erlog. No socket savers.

Sep 3, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #4,349 of 7,322
I just reconnized that the hiss comes from the left xlr output and the hiss and buzz comes from the right xlr output, thanks why i am thinking maybe its the tube?
https://easyupload.io/m/4g06fh i upload the file if someone wants to listen to it, its extremly noticalbe from 2-3 meters away, listen at night its impossible, even at day the noise growes with the volume level
Did you get this resolved? I asked someone else to test an Envy they were selling and they said there was noticeable noise as well when used as a pre-amp.

Sep 3, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #4,350 of 7,322
Did you get this resolved? I asked someone else to test an Envy they were selling and they said there was noticeable noise as well when used as a pre-amp.
I send the Envy back and they managed to fix it, this is what they told me

We reduced the hiss with the modification introduced. In our setup the difference is night and day. Hope this modification will satisfy your needs. We introduced modifications which improves pre-amp parameters for your setup (reduced the amplification, better handles high voltage DACs and extends usable“

Didn’t have a chance to test it yet, will comeback, when I find time to test it, hopefully soon.

The Support is awesome just love it never got a better support like Feliks. They really care about there customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back