Feliks Audio ENVY
Feb 18, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #2,341 of 6,869
Same here... Susvara is awesome with Envy... also have Verum Mk2 which are also elevated in performance when hooked in. Even my Sundara's are a step up than before. The Envy will drive all Headphones to maximum potential. Then.... once you are familiar with the sound signatures you can start to Tube Roll and encounter things you've never heard before 🎧

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #2,343 of 6,869
Elrog MO + Brimar 6J5G

• Amazing soundstage (increased in all directions)
  • Detailed, but not clinical
  • Fully extended on both ends
  • Clear insight, Melz like
  • Less bass amount but still sounds balanced and not lacking. Bass is very detailed/tight.
  • Excellent instrument seperation
  • Bit mid forward
  • Excellent timbre
  • Excellent decay
  • Delicate highs. Highs are quick and light.
  • Microdetails are portrayed in a silky, soft touch way
  • Nice touch of wetness
These are not the best for hard rock, punk etc. But it is still a nice all arounder. I believe I prefer these to the Melz but keeping judgment until later.
May I ask what converters you are using for those Brimar’s

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #2,344 of 6,869
Feb 18, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #2,345 of 6,869

Thanks for this review. I am fresh after reading this reading and I will say honestly. I smile even more and listening to my Envy+ Sus set. :)

I am at the stage of testing power cables and XLR from Enva. If you can give me an interesting suggestion to me, please write to priv.

Feb 18, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #2,347 of 6,869
ZMF Caldera, Abyss 1266 TC, and while I don't really use the HD58X for anything other than initial tube testing, it's shockingly good on the Envy.
How does the Envy change the sound of those two? I own the caldera and am looking to increase the bass quantity and subbass extension. Also looking at getting a 1266 TC

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #2,348 of 6,869
Thanks for this review. I am fresh after reading this reading and I will say honestly. I smile even more and listening to my Envy+ Sus set. :)

I am at the stage of testing power cables and XLR from Enva. If you can give me an interesting suggestion to me, please write to priv.
Hmmm. I got a custom made XLR made of copper from Artic Cables. I prefer good quality copper for my interconnects.

For power the Puritan Ultimate cable seems nice and easy to handle.

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #2,349 of 6,869
Hmmm. I got a custom made XLR made of copper from Artic Cables. I prefer good quality copper for my interconnects.

For power the Puritan Ultimate cable seems nice and easy to handle.

What is your opinion on power cables and XLR interconnects from Transparent?

Runs power logic from Synergistic Research e.g. from the series
Atmosphere SX AC e.g. HC, Euphoria. Could be even better in Envy?

Feb 19, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #2,350 of 6,869
What is your opinion on power cables and XLR interconnects from Transparent?

Runs power logic from Synergistic Research e.g. from the series
Atmosphere SX AC e.g. HC, Euphoria. Could be even better in Envy?
I’m sure it’s better. I don’t know enough about power cables. :)

I’ll check it out.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #2,351 of 6,869
How does the Envy change the sound of those two? I own the caldera and am looking to increase the bass quantity and subbass extension. Also looking at getting a 1266 TC
I think it does both of those things somewhat, of course depending on tubes. The soundscape just seems more grand, with greater clarity. It probably does this even more on the TC if only because my prior tube amp, the Pendant SE, just wasn't super powerful. It also makes the mids recession less of a problem on the TC.

Feb 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #2,352 of 6,869
Hello there to those that use Susvara. Assuming a set of noise free tubes are in place, do you get any hum/hiss at high setting with your Susvara’s? I’m guessing this is the setting you guys use? I’m not having problems…I haven’t got a pair yet!
Cheers.

Feb 21, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #2,353 of 6,869
Hello there to those that use Susvara. Assuming a set of noise free tubes are in place, do you get any hum/hiss at high setting with your Susvara’s? I’m guessing this is the setting you guys use? I’m not having problems…I haven’t got a pair yet!
Cheers.
Zero hiss/hum.

Feb 21, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #2,354 of 6,869
No Hum nor Hiss here 🎧

Users who are viewing this thread

Back