Feliks Audio ENVY
Jan 5, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,846 of 6,869
Anyone liking the LCD5 with the Envy? Wondering if it gets too shouty? I remember they sounded amazing for Rock. Although Susvara is no slouch anymore with Envy and upgraded tubes.

Jan 5, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #1,847 of 6,869
Anyone powering sensitive speakers directly with the Envy?

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #1,850 of 6,869
Tung-Sol 6J5GT. Great sounding tubes. Very dynamic. Amazing, eerie vocals. Excellent slam. Favorite pair with the MOs so far. :)

Planning to buy the nicer looking adapters from Deyan.

IMG-1054.jpg

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #1,851 of 6,869
Tung-Sol 6J5GT. Great sounding tubes. Very dynamic. Amazing, eerie vocals. Excellent slam. Favorite pair with the MOs so far. :)

IMG-1054.jpg
Nicer than Melz?

I loved the low end heft on the Melz which came with even more detail too while still being very natural and smooth. Melz was just to my tastes. Sounds like you're a bass head too so curious on your thoughts on different tubes.

I sent the Melz to be tested (would be nice to know how well they match) and potentially have one of them to be resoldered as there was still a little crackling on start up. The second is perfect.

Only listened for a few hours but I really want them to come back soon. 😢

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,852 of 6,869

IMG-1054.jpg
Those TS 6J5GT sound terrific in lieu of 6SN7 in ‘lowly’ Schiit Lyr 3 ☑️.

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #1,853 of 6,869
Nicer than Melz?

I loved the low end heft on the Melz which came with even more detail too while still being very natural and smooth. Melz was just to my tastes. Sounds like you're a bass head too so curious on your thoughts on different tubes.

I sent the Melz to be tested (would be nice to know how well they match) and potentially have one of them to be resoldered as there was still a little crackling on start up. The second is perfect.

Only listened for a few hours but I really want them to come back soon. 😢
Hard to A/B but these sound bassier. More authorative. Great note weight and have some of that TUNG-SOL VT99 6f8g Round Plates magic.

They are cleaner sounding similar to Melz. I think midrange is meatier and more forward.

I like my 70s Melz. Guess they are bassier.

I'm just surprised im still listening to the same Susvara with the Envy. This setup and tubes I would imagine to be too much with the SolP but not sure. hahaha

Jan 5, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #1,855 of 6,869
I actually like the look of xulingmrs adapters. I've only seen Deyen's 6J5 adapters in photos. Something pleasing about the rounded ends to me. I dunno.

As for the Tung Sol 6J5GT's, does anyone know if they were made by/if they made the Ken Rads? They look identical, but I don't have any (yet) to compare.

I do like the sound of the 6J5GT, but mine are a bit microphonic and don't quite have the midrange sweetness of the Melz. But it's close. They're probably 3rd on my ranking (Melz, TS 6F8G, 6J5GT)...IMO, YMMV

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #1,856 of 6,869
I have Mrs X adapters. They are low profile and look nice. I was hesitant to snag Deyan’s and saw them as a bit ‘blocky’ until I saw a recent picture and the black looked good with the trim on the Envy. They may also be point to point wiring w/o a PCB.

Frankly, Mrs X hold up pretty well over time, but with all the 6J5G rolling I do I could see a solder joint on the octal socket or PCB failing. It will also be nice to have 2 sets of adapters to more easily go from tubes X to Y!

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #1,857 of 6,869
I have Mrs X adapters. They are low profile and look nice. I was hesitant to snag Deyan’s and saw them as a bit ‘blocky’ until I saw a recent picture and the black looked good with the trim on the Envy. They may also be point to point wiring w/o a PCB.

Frankly, Mrs X hold up pretty well over time, but with all the 6J5G rolling I do I could see a solder joint on the octal socket or PCB failing. It will also be nice to have 2 sets of adapters to more easily go from tubes X to Y!
With Mrs X new adapter. Do you find the bolt to get in the way of the tube being seated completely flush?

Jan 5, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #1,858 of 6,869
I actually like the look of xulingmrs adapters. I've only seen Deyen's 6J5 adapters in photos. Something pleasing about the rounded ends to me. I dunno.

As for the Tung Sol 6J5GT's, does anyone know if they were made by/if they made the Ken Rads? They look identical, but I don't have any (yet) to compare.

I do like the sound of the 6J5GT, but mine are a bit microphonic and don't quite have the midrange sweetness of the Melz. But it's close. They're probably 3rd on my ranking (Melz, TS 6F8G, 6J5GT)...IMO, YMMV
They are not ugly. I wish Deyan can do this new pcb with rounded edges in black. I guess I can mod myself though…

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #1,859 of 6,869
I don't think ColSaulTigh or I called them 'ugly' just a bit blocky. I wouldn't be surprised to find them to be a better made adapter than the ones from China. Either way, I'll have 2 sets with quads of 6J5G ready to go!

As far as your TS not fully seating with the fasteners, the TS metal base must be a bit larger diameter. None of my 6J5G touch any of those metal fasteners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back