Feliks Audio ENVY
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #871 of 6,877
Yeah, saw those too. Don’t think they are.

Wouldn’t purchase these for a number of reasons… just my 2 cents and yes, I am a skeptical, jaded old man 🤨 ….
1. Showing a pic of a quad when selling a pair= Shady imo (even though it clearly states pair…still purposely misleading) red flag
2. Lots of jibberish in description with very little actual info on tubes= red flag
3. Tube on far left doesn’t look to be in good shape…is that one you’d be getting? Who knows, there’s no info= red flag

Again, I’m a distrustful curmudgeon…may be perfectly fine 🤷 😆
Just search his eBay handle in this site!

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #872 of 6,877
There is the tube triumvirate of gouging:

Bangybang, menifee, wege_high_tubes.

Understudy / protégé: cartago_delenda_est.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #873 of 6,877
Personally I'm waiting for the Elrogs which will tide me over.

I hope that Western Electric release their 6SN7s early next year so I can try those.

I'm still a little nervous about tubes that are so old in my wooden marvel but it sounds like some of them are absolutely awesome.

Love hearing about all of your tube rolling.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #874 of 6,877
I've never purchased from that seller - I buy my WWII 6F8G's from BuenosAres_Radio out of Argentina, because I like to fund the "Boys from Brazil" I guess. I've bought 3 sets of tubes from him now, all are exactly as described, and had to deal with one return due to defect, which he handled superbly. Yes, They're priced a bit more than those listed above, but I'll pay for quality and service.

If you are looking specifically for Tung Sol's, send BuenosAres_Radio a message, he responds quickly, and I'm sure he's got a bunch in stock. Should be $579 for a NOS in original boxes per pair now.

My $.02 worth.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #875 of 6,877
I've never purchased from that seller - I buy my WWII 6F8G's from BuenosAres_Radio out of Argentina, because I like to fund the "Boys from Brazil" I guess. I've bought 3 sets of tubes from him now, all are exactly as described, and had to deal with one return due to defect, which he handled superbly. Yes, They're priced a bit more than those listed above, but I'll pay for quality and service.

If you are looking specifically for Tung Sol's, send BuenosAres_Radio a message, he responds quickly, and I'm sure he's got a bunch in stock. Should be $579 for a NOS in original boxes per pair now.

My $.02 worth.
Yup.... mine are on the way from BuenosAres_Radio. You pointed me in his direction a week ago and now they are on the way to me in the UK by FedEx. I just thought that putting this 'Bay auction up would answer some of my silent questions.... which you all did. Thank you all who chipped in for your insight.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #876 of 6,877

My $.02 worth.
Would you mind sharing a link to their page please? I'm failing to find them on google.

Oct 18, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #877 of 6,877
Oct 18, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #878 of 6,877
Oct 21, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #879 of 6,877
Received my Woo Audio 6F8G to 6SN7 adapters today. Very nice with substantial workmanship. I look forward to using them soon. My TS VT99 Round Plate 6F8G's are still flying their way to me from Buenos Aires and will be with me next week. My Elrogs have been delayed by FedEx!! Should have arrived today but I was notified last night of delays. FedEx give a delivery date then do not deliver on the day and email to advise of further delays. Still also waiting on my Envy as there are manufacturing delays. Gosh... 🙄 Still.... patience is a virtue.

Attachments

• 20221021_180758.jpg
    20221021_180758.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 21, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #880 of 6,877
Received my Woo Audio 6F8G to 6SN7 adapters today. Very nice with substantial workmanship. I look forward to using them soon. My TS VT99 Round Plate 6F8G's are still flying their way to me from Buenos Aires and will be with me next week. My Elrogs have been delayed by FedEx!! Should have arrived today but I was notified last night of delays. FedEx give a delivery date then do not deliver on the day and email to advise of further delays. Still also waiting on my Envy as there are manufacturing delays. Gosh... 🙄 Still.... patience is a virtue.
You'll be well prepared! It's worth the wait.

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #881 of 6,877
Stick the adapters directly into each ear. It's like putting a seashell up to your ear - you can hear the music!

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #882 of 6,877
Oh yeah...so you can... how did it know my favourite tune? 🤪

Oct 21, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #883 of 6,877
Oh yeah...so you can... how did it know my favourite tune? 🤪
It's EVERYBODY'S favorite tune in here - "Time-Life Presents: 1001 Tube Adapter Songs" in a new 27-CD set!

Oct 21, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #885 of 6,877
Mine have shipped too. And adapters came super fast. I look forward to trying them, though I doubt that they can beat the Melz.
Looking forward to all of your thoughts.

Let us know if you can hear the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back